Friday, September 3, 2010

Reposting Thanks for Your Kindness


Edit:  I'm reposting this card as Blogger would not show my comment box...hopefully this works :)  Thanks for viewing again!! 

Good morning!!! Ah, finally a card came together, albeit over 2 days :)  I had prepped the paper and sketch Tuesday night and finished up last night with the details.  I just loved Mercy's sketch this week and knew I had to make a card with it...one of the too few challenges I'll get to this week.  I wanted to use some Verve stamps too and then thought I would make this card do double duty for the current Verve Project Parade...Something Old, Something New.  Now this may sound like the wedding saying (....lol, I joke that the bride was "something old" at my wedding!!), but it just means to use one of your newest Verve sets with one of your old, old ones :)  One of my first sets was Thankful Blossoms and I got it by winning a Verve gift certificate...I was on a roll way back when :) The new set I'm using is Dream Big from the latest Anni-Verve-sary release.  I used the blossom stamps like this on one of the cards I made for the release and liked it so much I wanted to do it again on this card.  It's just stamping the ink off twice before applying the stamp onto the paper for a very subtle look.  I'm using some new fall paper and the very last of my digital library cards...I now have the stamp of it :)  I'm thinking this may eventually be a thank you card for my new librarian :)  Fall is not my favourite season, but I sure do love its rich colours :)  Hope you are having a glorious day...my son is in town and coming to school with me today to help set up...he's in charge of cleaning the math tubs and putting up my model solar system...lol.  AND because he's old and can drive, he'll be in charge of the Starbucks run in the afternoon!! LOL  Thanks for stopping by...




what's in it?
stamps: verve thankful blossoms, dream big
ink: su really rust, old olive, versafine onyx
paper: su more mustard, espresso, barely banana, PTI kraft, Imaginisce dp
accessories: library card digital image (Heather Nicols), PTI button, twine & ribbon; PTI scallop die, gemstones, cuttlebug ef, stitching

4 comments:

Melisa Hunter said...

A very pretty card! I thought for sure that you had stamped the library card on designer paper. Love the soft, fall colours.

Enjoy the last weekend of summer. It's gonna be a great year! :)

Aimes said...

Y'know I thought it was me being blind - kept thinking I'm sure I just hit the 'comments' link to leave you some love...even reloaded the post and tried not to think about how I leave comments LOL! Naughty Blogger!
So finally I can tell you, I ♥ this card, Diva! Such a warm, rich colour combo and I love the cute little raccoon peeping from behind on the DP!
Hugs,
Aimes
x

Kathy Martin said...

Very lovely and a beautiful bow! :)

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Oh, what could be better than kraft and a library card? So pretty - and that bow is simply gorgeous!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...