Friday, September 17, 2010

A Guest in the Studio!!!

TGIF!!!!  Good morning!!!  As promised, here is the newest Wild Card Colour Challenge...for those of you new to my blog, here's the post that describes my self made challenge and how it came about.  When my son was up visting a few weeks ago, he would come and hang out in the studio while I made a card or blogged.  My basket of PTI colours was right beside him, so I asked if he would draw the next WaCCCky set of colours. 
So what did he draw?  A fabulous set of colours...what a good son!!! LOL  These are right up there with something the lovely Dawn McVey would use :)  I had a couple of different ideas for these, but this Happy Birthday card is what came out.
Eeek...I used my goto fav card sketch again...but added a double border punch to change things up!!  I love the way it turned out.  The red border is made with a jumbo ek success punch I found at Michaels.  The green arrow is a brad I picked up at the Dollar Store!!!  Love it!!  Let me know if you try these colours...I would love to see what you come up with...have a lovely, lovely Friday :)

what's in it?
stamps: pti say it with style
ink: versafine onyx
paper: pti cream, hibiscus burst, poppy; October Afternoon dp
accessories: ek success jumbo punch, su scallop punch, pti ribbon and button, thread, $ store brad; corner chomper

8 comments:

Lynn said...

Happy, happy Friday Maureen! Love those scallops! I'm in search of the big EK success scallop with the embossed edge!

The colors are so bright and cheery too! Hope you have a fabulous weekend!

Paulina said...

This card is fabulous, Maureen! You're son did a great job picking the colors. ;) I'm so impressed you were able to pair these colors into one card AND make it looks stunning!!

Marisa said...

Great picture of Jake and well done on his colour selection :) He just have been channeling his mom LOL! Great card. Love the large scallops and your signature turquoise ribbon. Yeah!!!! It's Friday!! Hope it goes quickly and you have a fabulous weekend.

TannyP said...

You should've had him pull a bunch more combos - you seem much more excited to use his fabulous picks =) LOL!

Great card - what a great son for picking you such awesome colors. Just beautiful!!

(And I love that he hangs out with you in the studio!)

Melisa Hunter said...

A very cool card! LOve all the fun elements! Great colours picked by a great guy!

Aimes said...

*swoon* what a truly fabulous card, Diva! Love the layout and those colours, well, what a great son you have! Jake obviously has his Diva Mom's sense when it comes to colour combos! Couldn't you get him back every weekend to pick a new combo?! LOL!
Hugs,
Aimes
x

Ann said...

Such fun colors--I love it!

Winter said...

Very pretty! Your son picks great color combos! :) And I love that Dollar store brad!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...