Monday, September 13, 2010

Just Because

Eeek!! It's the first Monday of work AND a staff meeting, ugh!!! I have been informed by a member of my new staff that the staff meetings are great and don't go too long...here's hoping!! LOL  If it does, I will just go to my "happy place" and design cards for upcoming challenges...hehehe.  My card today is for Stacy's Curtain Call Colour Challenge.  I was once again intrigued by the neutral palette, although it looks a lot easier than it was.  My original card did not have the ledger paper behind the flower, but that sweet felt flower just needed something to anchor it...hence the ledger paper.  The artichoke cardstock has been embossed with the SU square lattice embossing folder and has been stitched down each side.  (You can click on the picture for a closer view).  I've made a few of these fun felt flowers before, compliments of the Betsy Veldman tutorial.  They are so fun and if you don't have any PTI felt yet, get some!!  It cuts like butt-ah...it's also thin so it's not as bulky as the cheap Dollar Store stuff (of which I have tons!!).  I was rooting around in my green button jar and found this sweet button with a rose on it.  The leaves are handmade, stamped, distressed and crumpled.  Okay, wish me luck on the first Monday!! LOL  I hope you're having a lovely start to your week :)



what's in it?
stamps: verve great friend
ink: su choc chip
paper: pti white, kraft, library ledger dp; su always artichoke
accessories: stitching, pti felt, blossom dies, buttons; gemstones, baker's twine, ek success edger punch; May Arts twill ribbon; su embossing folder

15 comments:

Ann said...

This is wonderful, Maureen! I love how you used those colors!

Marisa said...

Gorgeous use of this week's colours, Maureen! Your felt flower is fabulous and I love the way you stamped on the leaves. Fun button for the flower center too :) Hope your day goes well as well as the Staff Meeting!

Aimes said...

Oh I hope your meeting goes OK! Let's hope they're short and sweet :D
You just know I adore this card, right?! So my colours and that flower is gorgeous! Loving the added touches of bling too (so Diva!)
Hugs,
Aimes
x

Unknown said...

beautiful flower! I love the addition of the ledger paper, it's the perfect touch:)

Monika/Buzsy said...

What a great card! Love all the different textures. Fabulous use of the colors. Thanks for your playing along with us at Curtain Call. :o)

Teresa Kline said...

luv this, I am a huge fan of these colors...the embossing, stitching, and the ribbon all favorites..very sweet...have a super fantastic week!

enjoy *~*

Vickie Z said...

Maureen- love this card! That felt flower is wonderful with a button in the center {reminds me of fall with the colors}. Ledger paper is perfect!!

Heidi said...

love the colors! I hope you will check over on my blog to see what I did with my new sets!

Lynn said...

Yummy...that felt flower is pure yumminess! Hope your Monday got your week off to a great start!

Keva said...

Oh, this is beautiful! I love the flower especially.

Jean Martin said...

Wonderful card! I love that felt flower!

Silke Ledlow said...

What a beauty Maureen!!! You really used the colors perfectly!!! Thanks for playing again this week!!! Hugs ~S~

Christina said...

Wow, fantastic use of the colors this week! I love your felt flower, stamped kraft leaves, and the ledger paper really does anchor everything perfectly. Thanks for joining us at the Curtain Call!

Winter said...

Beautiful colors! I love it! :)

Stacey Schafer said...

fantastic card, Maureen! love the variety of elements:) thanks for playing the Curtain Call!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...