Monday, September 27, 2010

Kind Words

Monday morning greetings, friends!!! It's a professional day (inservice) in our district, so I'll be having a lovely day with my collegues learning something new about education.  I love these days to share and reflect about teaching :)  Today's card is for this week's Curtain Call Colour Challenge over on Stacey's blog.  She went all out on the neutrals this week, with a pop of red.  I had a couple of cards in my head, but this soft, serene one beat out the loud, in-your-face card...hehehe.  I was inspired by Julie technique of layers papers...I just love how she fits colours together this way :)  I used a Stampin' Up! embossing folder, but turned it over to the negative image for a softer look.  Two pops of red on the pearlized pins and then I stepped away!!  Didn't want to ruin it by adding too much.  Hope you are having a great start to your week.  Summer has decided to return just because I changed my closet over...need to dig those flip flops out!! LOL


what's in it?
stamps: verve kind words
ink: versafine onyx, su sahara sand
paper: pti cream, su sahara sand, soft suede
accessories: circle nestabilities, gemstones, grandpa's vintage button, satin ribbon, dritz pins, su embossing folder, thread

10 comments:

Marisa said...

Wonderful neutrals card and I love how you snuck in the pop of red. The flowers behind the sentiment are great - just used that on a card myself. Think you meant to type Julie instead of Jennifer...I did the same with an e-mail to Tanis, I called her Amber?! Hope your ProD day went well.

Aimes said...

Oh Diva this is STUNNING! So chic, so elegant, so beautiful (not just the card of course *wink*)
Love your subtle stamping behind the sentiment and that pop of red is just PERFECT!
Hope your day was better than mine! I came home in a foul mood - it's never the kids that annoy me, it's the staff LOL!
Hugs,
Aimes
x

Keva said...

Oh I love the background impressed like that..it looks great and those pins are perfect here.

Monika/Buzsy said...

So pretty! Love how you used the colors! :o) Thank you for playing with us at Curtain Call.

Julie said...

Ooooh Maureen this is STUNNING! So so happy I could inspire you. :) LOVE the beautiful verse, embossing, and pins! Such a stunner, girl! :)

Stacey Schafer said...

what a beauty! thanks for playing the Curtain Call!

Winter said...

Beautiful card Maureen! I love the red pins! :)

TannyP said...

Just gorgeous! Those colors are incredible and you've made them look as good as I've ever seen them!

Silke Ledlow said...

Simply beautiful Maureen!!! The embossed BG and your clean design are WOW!!! Thank you again for playing along this week!!! Hugs ~S~

Christina said...

Gorgeous, Maureen! This is so clean yet elegant. I love the watermark image behind the sentiment and the bit of red on the pins. Thanks for playing the Curtain Call this week!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...