Sunday, September 19, 2010

Happy Belated Birthday {Past Due}

Good morning!!  Well, I have the my first cold of the school year!! LOL  It was bound to happen with a new school and new germs to get used to.  Fortunately it's one of those functioning colds where if you have enough Sudafed in you, you can continue on as usual :) LOL  Today's card is for Stacey's Curtain Call Colour Challenge :)  I love her inspiration photos and rich colours.  I just got my Cosmo Cricket Pixie-Licious and Mitten Weather papers in the mail on Friday and was delighted to find paper in both these packs that were the challenge colours.  The card idea came to me last night and I threw some things on the desk before going to bed.  I love how the green ribbon contrasts against the card and that fun flower brad with button (another brad from that Dollar Store pack!).  Here's a close up....
Well, that's about all for today...I'm working on my cards for the PTI blog hop next Saturday...it's a dull, rainy day here...perfect to stay in and create :)  Have a glorious day :)

what's in it?
stamps: verve wish big; pti it's official
ink: versafine onyx; su going gray, ruby red
paper: su peach parfait, rich razzleberry; pti cream; cosmo cricket dps
accessories: pti notepage die, ribbon, button; twine, flower brad; gemstones

14 comments:

Stacey Schafer said...

totally gorgeous, Maureen! you're right about that new paper...perfect for today's challenge:) thanks so much for playing the Curtain Call!

Aimes said...

Hope you didn't catch that cold from me, Diva! Can you catch them through Blogland?! Hopefully you'll be better in no time.
Now that DP is delicious - can't believe how well it fits for the challenge! It's a sign you were meant to have it :D
Hugs,
Aimes
x

Ann said...

Gorgeous, Maureen! LOVE those yummy colors!

I'm still getting over my first cold...either that, or I caught a second one! :P Hope you feel better soon!

Barb Turpin said...

Love what you did with the color...gorgeous card.

Michelle Woerner said...

Supah cute! Loves me some Pixielicious!! Hugs,

Keva said...

Ooh, very pretty dsp for sure! I love your layout, also.

Marisa said...

Can't get more perfect DP than that!! Love the "past due" with the birthday. Great card! Congrats on yet another top pic for the Curtain Call. I see Guest Designer in your future :)

Heidi said...

Maureen- oh no, I hope you get to feeling better. Lots of tea. Your card is gorgeous as always. Love that flower/button.

Lynn said...

Yuck...hope that the cold passes quickly...my little guy has his first cold...first week of school...

Love your card...the past due on the library card made me smile!

Andrea Ewen said...

Ugh, my daughter was home 2 days last week with a bad cold, those schools seem to be petri dishes of germs! Pop that good ole Vitamin C and carry on dear! Love your card, I would've never known you were under the weather when you made it because it's so cheery! Great job with the color challenge and I agree with you on the bow...it's fabby! Feel better soon!

Silke Ledlow said...

Sorry to hear you don't feel so good..but thank goodness for some good meds :)!!! Your card for this week is once again a BEAUTY!!! Love this idea!!! Hang in there...hugs ~S~

Melisa Hunter said...

You did a great job on this colour combo! I love the belated birthday on the past due order form!

Monika/Buzsy said...

Such a pretty card! The papers are perfect! Love that flower brad! Thanks for playing along with us at Curtain Call. :o)

Vickie Z said...

Perfect bow!! Love the dp... just got mine too and haven't "dug in" yet!! Hope you're feeling better soon!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...