Thursday, September 9, 2010

What You Have in Your Heart

Happy Thursday morning!!!  Well, last night was an early bedtime for me...lol....the first FULL day with my new sweet class PLUS hours of planning and prep afterwards, made this little cardmaker pooped!!  I am so glad I had these cards made a few days ago...and I'm even posting them in one sitting...just to  save typing time :)  I was so intrigued by Stacy's Curtain Call Colour Challenge this week that I had to make 2 cards.  What beautiful poppies in this inspiration photo :)  I am a big fan of Creative Mint where it came from :) This first card is my latest go-to sketch and the second card uses the current 2 Sketches 4 You sketch.


I wanted to use some more of my new SU ribbon in peach parfait (I am changing this to orange creamsicle!!LOL) and the new aviary set :)  I don't have a cutesy bird cage stamp, so thought this set would be a nice addition to the studio :)  Okay, I hope to get to Mercy's sketch tonight...have a fall themed card in mind :)  Hope your week is going well...TGIF tomorrow!!! The first of the year is the sweetest!!!


what's in them?
{what you have in your heart}
stamps: pti inside and out thankyou
ink: versafine onyx
paper: su poppy, wasabi, pti white, autumn abundance dp
accessories: PTI ribbon, medium scallop die; stitching, gemstones, cuttlebug ef, heart button, bakers twine, corner chomper


{how sweet of you}
stamps: verve happy hello, su aviary
ink: su wasabi, real red, versafine onyx
paper: pti white, su poppy, k&company dp; dcwv dp
accessories: circle nestabilitie; fiskars border punch, pti buttons, thread, su ribbon, bakers twine

13 comments:

Marisa said...

Great use of the Curtain call colours, Maureen! It felt so weird not having to prep a sample card, but alas the Color Dare came through. Hope you've got a nice class! I'm exhausted as well with having to switch my sleeping/waking schedule by two plus hours! Even showed up for my daughter's piano lesson at our old time and not our new time....ah yes...the joys of early September having to figure out who goes where when. Have a great day.

Monika/Buzsy said...

Pretty cards Maureen. Love the colors and lay-outs you used. Love the ribbon treatment. :o)

Angie Tieman said...

Love, love, love your cards!! You do beautiful work! Thanks for playing along at 2S4Y!

Courtney Baker said...

Maureen these are just gorgeous! Thanks for playing along with 2 Sketches 4 You!

Ann said...

Both are amazing!

silvi said...

halo im silvia ,im from brasil...good is blog .thenk

Regan said...

Gorgeous cards Maureen! I especially love the second one. That orange ribbon is beautiful! You know, with your talent you really should consider entering the challenges over at Papercraft Star http://www.papercraftstar.blogspot.com they are offering a lot of prizes right now too! Oh and they post all of their challenges weeks in advance to give crafters a head start!

Beebeebabs said...

Very pretty cards thanks for sharing!!!

Stacey Schafer said...

Wowzers, Maureen! These are two fabulous cards! Thanks for playing the curtain call!

Christina said...

Such pretty cards, Maureen! I especially love the way you used both twine and ribbon on the second one. Great use of the colors! Thanks so much for playing this week at the Curtain Call!

Silke Ledlow said...

Maureen, both cards are simpl BEAUTIFUL!!! Perfect use of the colors...thank you for playing along!!! Hugs ~S~

Aimes said...

I'm totally pooped too after my first week - the G&T waiting for me on Friday was much appreciated *wink*
Gorgeous cards as always Diva! Really loving the layout on your first one and the sweet touches of bling!
Hugs,
Aimes
x

Marian Garcia, Studio M said...

This one is my favorite. Congrats on the Curtain Call. xo, Marian

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...