Thursday, September 16, 2010

A Grateful Heart

Good morning!!  Though Fall is not my favourite season, I do LOVE Thanksgiving and all the talk around being "thankful" and "grateful."  Though I feel this way all year long, I do like the extra use of thankful sentiments with the rich colours of Fall.  I was flipping through my patterned paper pads (ah, more alliteration!!) and found this adorable leaf paper in my Cosmo Cricket Nutmeg to use with Mercy's sketch this week .  How sweet are those little leaves?  So I started with the paper and chose the other elements from there.  My favourite orange plaid paper snuck its way onto another card (LOL) and I added a cute leaf sticker from Jolee's Boutique (on clearance at Michaels...score!!).  I took a break from the button trees (hmm, they may be back soon, though...lol) and chose one of my favourite Verve sentiments.  I say "one" because I have a "million." :D  The brown circle has been embossed to add some texture, but you need to click on the photo to get a better look.  So at the moment, I'm grateful for making this card during another busy week and for Friday tomorrow :)  What are you grateful for today?  Okay, up tomorrow...a new WaCCCky!!! ....with another special studio guest drawer!!!!!  Come back and visit!!! Hugs and smiles,



what's in it?
stamps: verve plain jane, pti turning a new leaf
ink: su kiwi kiss, choc chip
paper: pti kraft, cream, scarlet jewel, autumn abundance dp; su choc chip, peach parfait; cosmo cricket dp
accessories: fiskars border punch, circle nestabilities, cuttlebug ef, stitching, gemstones, jolees boutique sticker, pti ribbon

5 comments:

Kristi said...

Very beautiful..I love the colors you used here.

Melisa Hunter said...

Oh my gosh, Maureen! This is absolutely gorgeous! Love the paper combo. That pack is still one of my favourites and it's time to pull it out again. Love the scarlet jewel ribbon on the orange DP. You tie such pretty bows!

Marisa said...

Way to show some Canadian pride with all those maple leaves :) Love the DP, and your use of Mercy's is fabulous!!! That little maple leaf sticker is the perfect touch. Hang in there, tomorrow is Friday!!

Aimes said...

A buddy after my own heart with that amazing alliteration!
This gorgeous card may not have a button but it's still got the bling *wink* Love the embossed circular frame!
Soooooo nearly Friday, Diva! I can feel it!
Hugs,
Aimes
x

Winter said...

Beautiful Fall card! I love it! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...