Saturday, September 4, 2010

Good Things in Unexpected Places....

Edit:  oops!!!  I just noticed that the colours were purple, green and BLACK, not brown!!! LOL  If I have time I'll make another...can't believe I missed that one!!! LOL  Must be overwhelmed with going back to work!! 

 Good morning!!!  Well, Saturday morning actually feels like Saturday morning....I've been in my classroom for 2 weeks setting up and the "feeling" of each day is back...you know, how Monday has a "feel" and Friday has a "feel."  LOL  Today's card is for the current Embellish challenge using squares.  I took the easy way out and just used some bitty box patterned paper....I came up short with all the other square ideas I had (hmmm, that sounds kinda nerdy,doesn't it? lol)  The title of the post and this sentiment seems very appropriate...good things in unexpected places.  On the way home from my 3 day workshop, my friend and I stopped at a little tea house just outside of the one horse town we were at for the 3 days.  It's called "Thyme for Tea."  It was this cute little tea house and gift shop.  We placed our order and were looking around when I saw this quote on one of the walls.  I just loved it!!!  Hmm, don't have this in a stamp...so off to Word I went and printed it out (Julee...if you're reading this, feel free to make this into a stamp!!!  And I have a lot more where that came from in my little quote book!! LOL :).  My new Stampin' Up ribbon came this week and I wanted to use it...oh, it's lovely...got it in peach parfait as well...a kind of ribbon I didn't have...and the dh just may have to install that third rack for me!! LOL  Okay, the third card with these Verve flowers...does that make it an official addiction?  Hmmm, at least for the week :)  Okay, I'm off to get some things done and then want to start a Verve Project Parade project....the idea came from this cute tea house (again!)....it's really cool.....hopefully will get it done by Monday :)  Thanks for stopping by and hope your weekend is wonderful :)


what's in it?
stamps: Verve Dream Big, Great Friend
ink: SU perfect plum, kiwi kiss
paper: PTI kraft, cream, bitty box and dots dps; SU kiwi kiss
accessories: su scallop punch & eyelet & linen thread & ribbon; PTI buttons & medium scallop die; gemstones, stitching, corner chomper; Word program (Papyrus font)

7 comments:

Tenia Nelson said...

What a very cool card!!

Anonymous said...

Very pretty. Love the purple and brown together.

Marisa said...

Aaaaaaakkkkk, I still don't have my Verve order!! Think it took the same route your's did last time - ugh!!

Totally darling card. Love the stitching and that quote is fabulous. I second the motion for a Verve stamp out of it!

Finally slugged through all the e-mails and blogs I follow so almost back to normal. Cleaned carpets yesterday and today we are tackling the basement (or at least part of it LOL!) and hitting Costco to stock up for school lunches etc. Only four more sleeps until my six hours of uninterrupted bliss LOL :)

Enjoy your last few days of summer vacation - stamping away I hope :)

Lynn said...

Gorgeous card Maureen...and I love the sentiment. I'm with you on the SU ribbon...just got some new ribbon yesterday that I've already cracked open today! Have a wonderful weekend!

Kristina said...

I am now so glad that I have stamp camp next week with my Stampin' Up Rep! That ribbon is GORGEOUS! Must own! And I need to partake of a few of the new in colors.

Absolutely lovely card, Maureen! I love the stiching all around the brown dp, and the tilted sentiment panel, and the buttons... Should I go on?!

I know exactly what you mean by the "feel" of different days. Friday couldn't have been more welcome yesterday. It "felt" like a Friday. And I loved it! Are you heading back on Tuesday? The room all ready? I can't wait to hear about your new kiddos!

Aimes said...

Hey Diva! You ready for Monday?! I'm not, where did the holidays go, eh?! LOL!
This quote is beautiful, so scribbling this down for future reference!
Oh and the reason you couldn't totally square this creation up, is obvious; you're a DIVA not a nerd! LOL!
Hugs,
Aimes
x

Melisa Hunter said...

What a great quote... oh, if everyone in the world thought like that! Some more beautiful custom designer paper! Love all the purple in this card! Enjoy the last day of summer!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...