Friday, November 16, 2012

Glory to the Newborn King

vlvnovweek3

Good morning!  I knew this week would go by quickly just because it’s report card writing weekend!  LOL  I’ve relinquished all the household duties to the DH this week and will knock these babies off ASAP :)  Then I’ll be able to focus on getting ready for Christmas :)  Today’s card uses the new Viva La Verve sketch by our own sweet Diva Janelle.  I had a few ideas for this sketch, but opted for a shabby/vintage feel as I was using a spiritual sentiment.  I chose this particular stamp from the newly released Joyous Noel because of the way it fit so well on the Ribbon Banner die :)  I also had this gold Ribbon Banner shape in my “use me!” pile so then I just had to follow the vintage feel with a doily and stitching :) 

VLVNov12Week3Sketch

I hope you’ll join us this week over on the Viva La Verve Forum!  If you play all month with all the sketches, you could win $100 in Verve Dollars!  Now that would be one FANTASTIC shopping spree!  Have a glorious day!

signature 

what’s in it?

stamps: Joyous Noel, Thatched Banner plain jane (Verve)

paper: kraft, vintage cream (PTI), Holiday Style (October Afternoon), Wonder (Authentique)

ink: onyx (Versafine), sahara sand (SU)

accessories: Ribbon Banner die (A Cut Above by Verve), tag die, rustic twine (PTI), paper doily (Wilton), embossing folder (SU), sheer ribbon and jingle bells (Michaels), snowflake trim punch (Martha Stewart), stitching

8 comments:

Luanne said...

Yes! That sentiment works perfectly with the banner die. I will need to pull mine out. And more jingle bells! They are a perfect touch!

Caroline said...

This is gorgeous it works so beautifully together. Caroline xxx

Marisa said...

This sketch has me pondering LOL! You have used it wonderfully! Love the banners and the little pops of red. Cheers to quick report card writing and jelly beans surviving till the end ;)

lainey said...

love this Maureen!! lainey x

scrappingnana said...

Beautiful card. Love the vintage style and the new sketch. TFS

Andrea M said...

This is so beautiful - what a GORGEOUS Christmas card!

Lynn said...

Jaw dropping Moe! do I say that every day...wowzers! I love the overlapping banners and the sweet red stitching. Divine my friend.

Jen Cuthbertson said...

This is amazing and I'm with you on the jingle bells - they are so fun!! Too bad I have no idea where mine went to hide after the move! I must, must, must find time to play along with Verve - I have quite a wish list of new stamps, too! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...