Wednesday, November 28, 2012

My Greatest Joy ~ Happy 24th!

IMG_6289

Good morning!  It’s that special day in my life when I share my son’s birthday card.  He’s 24, far from being little, but he’ll always be my “baby,” right?  I usually share his first baby pictures, but I thought I’d treat you to our first “Santa Hat” Christmas photo.  We continued this tradition for several years until it got too difficult once he moved to go to university. Back when I was young and brunette!

scan0001

Here’s a more recent photo taken 2 years ago…

jakemom2010

And as per tradition, Jake will get his birthday cake when he comes home for Christmas.  I’m a stickler for everyone having a birthday cake to make a wish! And a cake made by someone who loves you has more wish-coming-true clout ;)  Have a great day :)

signature

what’s in it?

stamps: pti, technique tuesday

ink: versafine onyx, su cherry cobbler

paper: pti, su, echo park, basicgrey

accessories: pti dies, burlap, button, twine

10 comments:

sandie said...

wow, you look too young to have a son of 24!
Love the masculine card especially the fabric star x

scrappingnana said...

Great photos. Love the santa hat tradition. Your masculine birthday card is awesome. Love the burlap star.

Caroline said...

Fantastic card love the layout and design. Happy Birthday to your son. Caroline xxx

Marisa said...

LOVE the burlap star and how you pieced together the sentiment. Sure Jake will love the card and the home made birthday cake by mom, of course :)

Andrea M said...

Your son is going to LOVE this card!! It's masculine perfection! Love the pics of your two :)

Lynn said...

Happy happy birthday to Jake. I am singing to him from the Chicago airport. His card is perfection. I am sure he will love it and I hope he is having a fabulous start to his 24th year!

Tracey McNeely said...

Maureen a fabulous card that he will LOVE because it is made by mama. They are always our babies, mine will become an adult in January, it was just yesterday he was in my arms I'm sure. Love the burlap star so much!

Melisa Hunter said...

What a cute picture! Love that one of you and Jake! A big happy birthday to Jake today! I picked up the new "Cards" magazine at Chapters today. You have some beautiful cards in there. I hope to be inspired to make some Christmas ones over the next couple if weeks.

Tammy said...

Perfect sentiment--children really are our greatest joys, aren't they!
I too love the burlap star!

Christina said...

Aw, what sweet photos of your "little" man! Your card for him is incredible--such a perfect mix of textures and a great, masculine color combo. Hope your son enjoyed his birthday!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...