Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Merry Christmas

MerryChristmas

Hello friends!  Boy, what  a tight election last night!  This Canadian, along with many others, tuned in last night to watch the results (and make a card! ACK!) Today I’m sharing my entry for Jen’s Sketch for You to Try.  I’ve been very diligent at playing all year long so far and now I only have one card left to make (next month!).  I’m using another fun and fancy sentiment from the newly released Merry and Bright set from Verve Stamps.  I love the mix of fonts in this set, especially the “M” and “y.” Too cool! It’s an exciting day in my class…we’re teaming up with one of our Grade 7 classes to talk about the Virtue of Courage and make a bulletin board for Remembrance Day/November.  THEN we’re painting poppies inspired by Georgia O’Keeffe!  Any fun plans your way?  I’d love to hear!  Have a great day :)

signature

nov2012sketch

 

what’s in it?

stamps: Merry and Bright (Verve)

paper: white (PTI), Holly Jolly Christmas (Echo Park)

ink: onyx (Versafine)

accessories: circle die (Spellbinders), wine tag and scallop border dies, button, ribbon (PTI), paper doily (Etsy shop), thread, stitching

6 comments:

Lynn said...

Did you intend to do a patriotic Christmas card with the stars and stripes :)?! So gorgeous...I ordered that set...cannot wait for it to arrive at my door step. I didn't stay up to watch the acceptance speech...had to get to sleep!

Caroline said...

Fantastic card I love the layout and the colours are fab. Caroline xxx

Marisa said...

Fun take on the sketch. Can't wait to hear my order is in so I can hop the line to get it!!! My son is one of the MC's for the Remembrance Day assembly and we have a great tradition at the school: any child who has a relative or friend that has served can bring in a picture with their name and rank and where they served and they make a slide show with everyone in it. I cry every year!

dj said...

A red, white, and blue combo for Christmas....I like it!!
Great job showcasing the new verve products!!
www.CardsPaperAndScrapbooks.com

Meredith MacRitchie said...

I want to be in your class today!!! How fun :)

Uh, PANIC for myself a little at points last night... ;)

The Paper Parade said...

Wow you have quite a day planned for your class! Tonight we're having a 15 years of Excellence celebration at my work where we invited the public, residents, and families, its a pretty big to-do. I love the colors on your Christmas card! They are so fun and fresh. And that font is great.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...