Monday, November 26, 2012

Howdy Christmas!

howdychristmas

Good morning, friends!  I’m starting to think about my own Christmas cards now and decided that this week’s Waltzingmouse Sketch was the perfect inspiration for Dad’s Christmas card.  I don’t have the latest Yonder Star set so I paired Back in the Saddle with Compliments of the Season to create a Western themed Christmas card.  I think Dad will get a kick out of it ;)  So no “bells” and whistles on this one.  Dad’s a pretty Plain Joe kind of guy so I kept things low key (minus the sweet twine bow and stitching! HA!).  Thanks fer stoppin’ in!

signature

WMSC125_thumb2 

what’s in it?

stamps: wms back in the saddle, compliments of the season

ink: versafine onyx

paper: pti rustic white, su ruby red, basicgrey aspen frost, authentique lively, corrugated cardboard

accessories: pti tag die, spellbinders oval dies, pti twine and button, ek success star punch, stitching

17 comments:

Lynn said...

Perfection...your dad will love this! Along with the perfect sentiment, I'm loving the papers you choose. The white background paper is awesome.

Caroline said...

Your dad will love this card the layout and design is fabulous. Caroline xxx

sandie said...

such a great card for your Dad and I just love the font on the sentiment and the way you have left the edges of the stitching!

scrappingnana said...

I love it. I bet your dad will too. This is a perfect card for a guy. Great job.

Marisa said...

The perfect dad card indeed. Sure he will love it :)

Vickie Z said...

Love how you combined these sets to make a Christmas card for your dad!! He'll love it I'm sure!!

Jeanne J. said...

Is there anything you can't do with this set Maureen? Another stunner - simply gorgeous!

Kara said...

so so pretty!!

Lea L. said...

This is really cute! I love the papers!

Cathy Weber said...

Your cards with Back in the Saddle have always been such inspiration to me Maureen...it is my favorite set and I love to see what you make. This card is another great one, your dad will love it.

sooofullofcraft said...

I love the western sets and you really do justice to them with the choices in your card. What a great masculine holiday card. The stitching at the top is my favorite with the rough edges. Adorable!

Deborah Frings said...

Absolutely super! I love the western feel to your card!

Karin Åkesdotter said...

Such beautiful and elegant take on the sketch! LOVE your use of the Aspen papers - want to take mine out right away after seeing this (-:) and your design is perfect as always! Thnaks for playing with us at wmsc, hugs, Karin

Andrea M said...

I'm sure your Dad will love this gorgeous card!

Kristie W. said...

Great masculine card and take on the sketch! Love it!

Tracey McNeely said...

A fabulous card Maureen.

Jean Martin said...

Moe!!!! I love, love, love this! I just love the Western themed stamp sets! You made wonderful work with them!!!! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...