Friday, October 14, 2011

Bring Your Own Sunshine

vlvoctweek3

TGIF everyone!  It’s Friday and I’m hosting the new Viva La Verve Sketch over on the Verve Forum!!  I picked a sketch I just loved from the summer and here Julee has Verve-ified it for your creative pleasure!! LOL  I was soooo determined to use my yummy yellow polka dotted ribbon for this card, but then I saw this lovely piece of paper from the All Spice pad by My Mind’s Eye and quickly changed my mind (my prerogative, right? lol)  I also knew what sentiment I wanted to use from Verve’s Feel the Sun set…now that the weather is cooler and the days are getting shorter.  That sweet fabric brad top is my first Joann’s purchase when I was across the line in WA last weekend :)  It was okay, kind of like Michaels and definitely NOT Archivers…but I managed to get a few items…teehee!

VLVOct11Week3Sketch

The granite counters should be going in today!! Will take some pics after work :)  I really hope you’ll join me over in the Verve Forum this week :)  AND check out the last few days of the incredible VERVE Sale…the whole store is on sale until Sunday!!  Woohoo!!

signature 

what’s in it?

stamps: Feel the Sun (Verve)

paper: sahara sand, soft suede, early espresso (SU!), rustic cream (PTI), All Spice (My Mind’s Eye),

ink: onyx (Versafine)

accessories: circle and scalloped circle dies (Spellbinders), sun die (My Favourite Things), fabric brad top (Heidi Grace), ribbon (PTI), border punch (fiskars), gems (Kaisercraft), stitching

3 comments:

Lynn said...

Maureen,
this is a lovely sketch. Perfectly balanced. Love the double circles. I'll have to give this one a go! And...I'm hitting Archiver's this weekend :), anything you need? :)

Marisa said...

I think I"m going to have to break down and get that MME paper pad. Just love the colours and patterns in it. Another fun sketch :) Can't wait to play around with it. Happy Friday :)

TannyP said...

Awesome sketch and that sentiment along with the fabric brad is perfect! Love the papers and that awesome ribbon. You sure know how to make it all look easy ;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...