Sunday, October 16, 2011

Happy Birthday, Brian

brian29

Good afternoon, everyone!!  Tomorrow is my bonus son’s 29th birthday.  We are joining him and his girlfriend for dinner so I wanted to make a card to mark the occasion.  I also wanted to participate in this week’s A Passion for Papertrey Goin’ Geometric challenge.  But again, I thought I had lots of time to post this, then found out that the deadline is tonight…so I’ll have to post this now, a little early for Brian’s birthday.  I don’t think he follows my blog, so I’m pretty sure I’m safe showing this before the birthday dinner…lol ;)  Brian is a very easy going, happy, hard working young man.  He and his dad get along famously and are so cute together.  He was the best man at our wedding.   Here they are a couple of Christmases ago…you can see where Brian gets his good looks from!! LOL

n722889045_1829009_1395 

and they can never stay “normal” for long…teehee

n722889045_1829008_1145 

We had a very productive day at the house yesterday…I even learned how to tie rebar!!  Tony let me use a rebar tying tool that reminded me of my little eyelet setting hammer :)  LOL  Today we picked out all the bathroom towel bars :)  Counters and wood floors start tomorrow!!  Hopefully I’ll have some new picture updates soon.  Thanks so much for stopping by!! Hugs!

signature

what’s in it?

stamps: pti big birthday wishes (inside of card)

ink: versafine onyx

paper: pti rustic cream, summer sunrise, autumn abundance and fall prints and patterns dps. su sahara sand, espresso

accessories: su circle punches, pti limitless layers and big numbers dies, tim holtz embossing folder, pti twine, buttons

9 comments:

Luanne said...

very lovely! card.

Luanne
craftersreference.blogspot.com

Lynn said...

Love the embossing folder you used. Perfect card for a guy! Happy birthday to Brian...and I love the pics of Tony and Brian! Great father/son shots and definitely see where the gorgeous dimples came from!

TannyP said...

Beautiful card! I love that sparkle-filled paper...and the shapes are perfect! I bet he loved it =) They're two good looking men that you're lucky to have in your life from the sounds of it!

Marisa said...

What a fun card. Just love those PTI number dies :) Love the picture of the boys. They sure look alike! You must be getting much closer to a move in date now - how exciting :) Keep us posted.

Kim H. said...

I love your card! How fun and festive! And the pics of the father son duo were great! Made me smile on this early MOnday morning. :)

Melisa Hunter said...

Such a cool masculine card! Love the fall colours. I hope that I can make a few cards this weekend, but it may be a busy one! Can't wait to see the new photos of the house. ttys!

Heidi said...

Oh my goodness, this is sweet! I love all the circles. Nothing like a nice masculine card.

Andrea M said...

The pic to those two together is hilarious!!!
You rocked the geometric layout, Maureen!!!

Aimes said...

What the perfect age to be, eh?! ;D
Totally rockin' those circles, Diva and totally rockin' the guy card dilemma I face too often too!!!!
What sweet pics of the guys - that last one cracks me up!
Thanks for joining us on A Passion for Papertrey, Diva!
Hugs,
Duchess
x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...