Saturday, October 15, 2011

One of My Nicest Thoughts

JUGScolourcombo

Good morning!! It’s Saturday and as usual I’m treating myself to a little lazy morning…coffee, blurfing and maybe even a little card making before hitting the gym :)  Today’s card is for the Week 3 Challenge over on the Just Us Girls blog.  Week 3 means colour challenge…oh yeah, baby!!  With Halloween this month, Pam is challenging us to use the “other” Halloween colours of black, orange, purple and green!  I immediately thought of my precious and delicious ribbon from Michaels LAST Halloween.  BUT, before I knew about this challenge, this sweet little roll of ribbon was packed and put into storage!! YIKES!!  I prayed that the container it was in was at the FRONT of the storage unit…and yes, as you can tell from the card, it was!!  I’m not much for making Halloween cards so I tried to make a fun little sentiment card that you could just sent to a friend.  I think it works :)  And the ribbon?!  One little scrap left, not even big enough to tie a bow…but I’ve saved it for the perfect card…who knows when ;)  Thanks for visiting and be sure to head over to the JUGS blog and check out the Design Teams’ projects, including my bestie, Lynn, who is now a full time JUGS gal!!  Woohoo!!  Congrats, Lynn!!  Have a wonderful weekend :)

signature

JUGS106

what’s in it?

stamps: verve nicest thoughts plain jane, gina k lovely labels

ink: versafine onyx

paper: pti white, black and white and bitty boxes dps, MME lime twist dp

accessories: labels 18 nestabilities, pti scallop die, Michaels ribbon, pti buttons, thread, stitching, gems, corner rounder

10 comments:

Lynn said...

Thanks so much for the shout out, Maureen, I really appreciate it! And I'm smiling that you went to your storage bin...did you find more glitter too? :) I would have had such a hard time storing some of my goodies!

Your card today is a beauty. Love how you offset your borders a bit by not going the full length. Makes them pop!

Lisa Kind said...

This is gorgeous Maureen! I love the ribbon, so I'm glad you went in search of it and actually found it! Love how you used the colors and the layout is fabulous! Another great entry from our guest designer! ;-)

Vicki Dutcher said...

Fabulous use of the colors! Love your layout too

Marisa said...

I'm not a Halloween girl at all and appreciate your take on the card. You worked the colours wonderfully well and that ribbon is fabulous. Have a glorious weekend. I'm off to take DD to a group piano lesson and then to watch DS soccer game and then come back home and continue working on her room redo. Phew, busy day just thinking about it.

TannyP said...

GORGEOUS! I love the way you made the colors work and that amazing stamp works perfect with the sentiment =) LOVE THIS! Oh - and that ribbon IS spectacular!

Kathy Martin said...

Love your patterned paper choices! Great card! :)

Melisa Hunter said...

Such a cool card with these colours! I can see why you had to go back to the storage unit to get that ribbon! Love that label, too! Great layout! It looks like one of your classics. Love it!

Kerrianne said...

This card is gorgeous! Love the use of the colors!

Anne Tussing said...

Beautiful card! I love all your layers and that scrumptious ribbon!!

Andrea M said...

Maureen, you combine colors like nobody's business!!! This is AMAZING!!! I LOVE that plaid ribbon! Girl, as always, this card takes my breath away!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...