Thursday, October 6, 2011

The Most Special Thing…

mostspecialthing

…on this post, besides this card (teehee) are the new house photos at the end!!  EEK!  Things REALLY started happening yesterday and I got some photos that show some big changes…more on that later.  I just LOVE the fabric in the colourQ inspiration photo and have been thinking about this card for 2 days! LOL  I don’t know how many times I switched the papers around…green card base, black card base, white…back to green…then I stamped the leaves in green and worked from there…much easier :)  I also had to play around with the black and brown to make sure it looked right together :)  Yes, you can mix black and brown…I also do it when I dress…it looks fabulous :D  It was the first time inking up my lovely Harvest Berries set…I was so inspired by Christina’s card a few weeks ago that I needed to find a card for my own sprig of leaves :)  Oh, I just love this!!  Better than what was originally in my head :)  Woohoo!! Tomorrow is Friday…hopefully I’ll have some kitchen photos soon…install today and tomorrow!!  Thanks for visiting :)

signature

cqc105

Laundry room cabinets in and tile floor being laid.

oct5laundryroom

Tile in guest ensuite.  Hard to tell, but the flooring has the coolest metallic shimmer to it :)

oct5guestensuitetile

Two thirds of 2 walls in the closet!!  It’s lovely!! Can’t wait to fill this baby up!!

oct5masterclosetin!

Trim painted and laid out in the great room…kitchen still waiting…hopefully today!!

oct5trimpainted

Sahara Sand Studio!! I thought it would be too dark, but I think it will be lovely!!  We are putting a dark brown cork floor down :)

oct5saharasandstudio 

what’s in it?

stamps: pti harvest berries, modern wood mats

ink: su choc chip, su kiwi kiss

paper: pti white, black, su choc chip, wisteria

accessories: circle nestabilities, pti harvest berries die, cuttlebug embossing folder, pearls, gems, stitching, sheer ribbon

10 comments:

TannyP said...

Holy dynamo! I LOVE this card. Probably even more than you do! The ribbon is spectacular, the leaves look a-freaking-amazing and the 'berries' are spectacular. Love the colors and that panel.....oooooooh I love it all. =)

The house is coming along beautifully! I'm so envious of all your cupboard space in the laundry room and that studio is fabulous. So much to be thankful for as the long weekend comes around!

Marisa said...

Fabulous take on the CQ. Love the sheer ribbon with the stitching down the middle and lovely touch with the half pearls for the berries.

Yeah for all the things going on in the house :) I'm loving the green walls in the laundry and sahara sand is another fabulous colour in a house. Drooling over that closet organizer you have as well as a separate laundry room.

Christina said...

Gorgeous take on the color combo, Moe! That sprig of leaves is so beautiful, especially dressed up with the pearl "berries". Love that sheer ribbon, too!
Looks like your house is really coming along. Thanks for sharing the update!

Suzanne said...

How exciting! I love the pics of the new house and am so happy and excited for you. The card is stunning! I saw the color combo and struggled with ideas, but you managed it perfectly! Love that ribbon!

Katie Skiff said...

I love this card... that sentiment is awesome!!
I love the pics from the house, we are just starting to build so it's fun to see your progress and be hopeful!

Lynn said...

Ahh...Moe...progress! The house is looking fabulous...soon and very soon you'll have a new home! I love it!

And today's card...STUNNING! I love the ribbon and the pearls...well...really...I love it all! So fabulous!

kasia c. said...

Your card is absolutely amazing! I love how you used the colours, the stitching is just the perfect touch. :) Thanks for playing along with us at ColourQ again this week.

P.S. your renos look fantastic too!

LeAnne said...

Gorgeous card...you nailed the challenge, and the bow is outstanding!

LeAnne said...

Gorgeous card...you nailed the challenge, and the bow is outstanding!

Luanne said...

Don't you just love the Harvest Berries die and stamps?? This is awesome, and you rocked the color challenge!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...