Friday, October 7, 2011

Oh Boy!

vlvoctweek2

Oh Boy!! It’s TGIF!!  And a new Viva La Verve sketch!!  And the start of our Canadian Thanksgiving Day long weekend!!  This day can’t get much better!!  Today sweet Diva Teresa is treating us to a fabulous sketch that just SCREAMED baby card to me when I saw it.  I don’t keep many baby cards on hand, but I so wanted to make a fun little boy card. And guess what?!  I already sold it at work (took my cards in again for my staff :)! I guess I’ll have to make another one!! LOL  I used FOUR different Verve sets for this baby (pun intended! HA!).  Head over to the Verve Forum and check out all the details of this challenge.  Play all month with all 5 sketches and you could win a $100.00 gift certificate to the Verve Store!!  ACK!!! So exciting!!  Hope all is well and your weekend starts off right…I know mine has already :)  If all goes well, the dh and I are headed south across the border to pick up some big tools for his business :)  Know of any good card stores on the I-5 through Washington via Bellingham/ Seattle?  teehee…if not Mr. Google will help me :)  Come back tomorrow, though for the new JUGS Techniques Challenge :)  Have a great one!! Hugs!

signature

VLVOct11Week2Sketch 

what’s in it?

stamps: Small Phrases, Text Objects, To the Moon, Love Notes (Verve)

paper: white, kraft (PTI), navy, island indigo, cool Caribbean (SU), Stella and Rose Hattie (My Mind’s Eye)

ink: onyx (Versafine)

accessories: jotted heart die (A Cut Above by Verve), circle and scalloped circle dies (Spellbinders), banner die (PTI), button (PTI), gems (Kaisercraft), bakers twine (craft supply), stitching

5 comments:

Janetcraft said...

wow, this is a stunning blue card..I love the way you make this card..and the details are lovely.
Thanks for hopping by..

Marisa said...

Eeek, how cute is this?!! Fabulous use of this fun sketch! Love the Dps and that little sailboat. No wonder this one is gone already. Great card!

Did you see, your fabulous sketch got me Chick of the Week on JUGS :)

Hmmm....heading down I5 via B'Ham to Seattle...me thinks there is a non-craft store along the way you can pop in an visit, wink, wink LOL! Stampadoodle in B-Ham is a fun store to pop into and The Paper Zone is right next door! Have a blessed Thanksgiving :)

Christina said...

This is darling! I love the less traditional teal color for a baby boy and the fun patterned papers. Have a great Thanksgiving weekend!

Lynn said...

Oh my goodness Moe! You rocked this baby card out of the park! I love what you did with the sentiments...what a great use of the bigger banner die. And all those blues together...love it!

Safe travels to WA!

Andrea M said...

Oh my dear sweet lord, this card is AMAZING!!! WOW!!! Gorgeous work Maureen!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...