Friday, October 28, 2011

Serenity Prayer

alteredframe
Good morning!! Oh, my I love a Saturday morning!!  Today, I am up bright and early to meet the phone man over in the new house and get the phone line put in :)  It’s the phone number that I was desperate to save last summer.  I’ve had it for 17 years and am VERY attached to it!  Is that wrong?!  LOL  Anyways, I am also meeting my 2 stamping buddies up there to give them an unofficial “early” tour ;)  Hopefully the furnace works!!  Today’s project is my last official Just Us Girls Guest Designer post.  Oh, I have had a TON of fun with these gals, 2 of which are dear blog buddies (Lynn and Andrea).  Hmm, do they ever ask GDs to come back for a rerun?!  Would LOVE to!!  Anyways, this week is the fifth Wild Card Challenge week and Elise has challenged (and I do mean CHALLENGED) us to alter a frame somehow and creatively place art in it.  I have NEVER done this before, but after doing a bit of research and being inspired by this sentiment, I went to it!  My coworker recently bought a card with this fabulous Serenity Prayer on it.  She loved it so much, she keeps the card on her desk :)  So I wanted to make her something a little more permanent and then she can send the purchased card to a friend who may need the same little reminder now and again…there are some things in life we cannot change.  I hope she likes it :)  And I hope you’ll pop over to the JUGS blog and see all the amazing inspiration…then jump in and play!! It’s ALL good! 
Okay, before I leave, I just want to let you know that I’ve been warned by the dh that I need to have the temporary studio packed by Wednesday and ready to move in Thursday and Friday…so I may be a little AWOL this week…I’ll try to pop in with maybe some reruns or CARDS publications…or maybe a few new house pics :)  Thanks for understanding :)  Hugs! Enjoy the weekend.
signature

what’s in it?

stamps: verve serenity, pti harvest berries

ink: versafine onyx, pti tea dye, su kiwi, wasabi

paper: pti white, lilybee design memorandum, echo park victoria garden

accessories: pti notepage, leaves dies, prima flowers, su library clip, gems, seam binding ribbon, pti buttons and twine

9 comments:

Lynn said...

Maureen, I saw this in the challenge database and was drooling over it...it is absolutely gorgeous. I don't have that PTI set/dies...but you make me feel like I need it! The colors are gorgeous!

Melisa Hunter said...

Maureen, this is absolutely gorgeous! I love the colour and pattern combinations. What a neat effect to have the leaves spilling out over the frame. Love all the buttons and the soft, pretty ribbon, too! See you later! I'm looking forward to it!

Jackie Pedro said...

Moe, this is GORGEOUS! Good luck with the move!!! Your house looks beautimous!!

TannyP said...

Absolutely stunning! I bet she's gonna love it. What's not to love about those fabulous Harvest Berries?!

Have fun at the house (I know all too well about phone number attachments, having moved A LOT as a kid)

Marisa said...

She will love it. Those ginko laves are great and of course the sentiment is always pertinent.

Hope all falls into place with the installations etc. How exciting, you are almost moving in!!!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Fabulous! So fun all the layers 0 what a fabulous gift!

Unknown said...

I love this project and what a great Christmas gift it would make. As always you inspire! There are so many neat touches on this and it's definitely a fave for me.

Luanne said...

Just breathtaking! Love how you used the awesome gingko leaves, just tucking them in here and there. Beautiful project!

Andrea M said...

THUD! OK, this is FABULOUS!!! Utterly, breath taking! Girl, I wish you could stay on board with JUGS!!! That would be AWESOME! Gosh, had to go back to do a double take on this fabby project… *swoon*!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...