Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Anni-VERVE-sary Card Challenge!

strongerloveannchallenge
Good morning dear friends!  I’m so excited about today’s post!  Diva Andrea and I are hosting today’s Anni-VERVE-sary challenge over on the Verve Forum!  When Julee asked us to create a challenge for the Anni-VERVE-sary release, I couldn’t help but be inspired by my own 5th Anniversary this year.  I also know (only too well!) that the Traditional Gift for a 5th Anniversary is “wood” and the Modern Gift is “silverware.”  Check out the REAL inspiration for the challenge…Tony’s gift to me this year :)  Three wood beads on a silver bracelet…yup, he’s a keeper!
IMG_5725
So you can see how my challenge came about…teehee… AVS12B_Anniversary
I’ve used both wood and silver on my card.  The jotted heart was die cut out of balsa wood and the coordinating image was stamped with Sahara Sand.  Now, the Divas are also giving some pre sneak peeks of the new sets.  I was thrilled when Julee said one of the sets was inspired by some of my ideas :)  And here it is in stamp form!  This is a sentiment I either write in Tony’s cards or say to him (awww, I know!).  LOL, so no mistaking Julee’s inspiration this time, unlike last year’s Better with You set! LOL  Now head over to the Verve Forum to see how you could win the WHOLE release by playing along with all our challenges!  Thanks for coming by! Have a lovely day :)
signature 

what’s in it?

stamps: Stronger Love, Love Notes (Verve)

paper: rustic white, soft stone (PTI), Loyal (Authentique)

ink: onyx (versafine), sahara sand (SU)

accessories: jotted heart die (A Cut Above by Verve), limitless layers dies (PTI), seam binding ribbon (Etsy store), silver button (Jolee’s), silver cord (Pizzazz Aplenty), balsa wood (Michaels), lace trim (The Funkie Junkie), gems (Kaisercraft), paper doily (Wilton)

8 comments:

Aimes said...

He's a keeper for sure, Diva! ;D
OK so I've written down both today's challenge and yesterday's challenge on my inky to-do list - really hope I get a chance to play along!
I see you got both silver and wood on your beautiful card! Fabulous!
Hugs!
Duchess
x

Luanne said...

This saying is awesome! And I love your new bracelet. You are very blessed! :)

TannyP said...

A definite keeper :) What a fabulous inspiration piece...and you've truly caused some inspiration with this fabulous anniversary card (although I did love your interpretation of the other stamp set, too!)

Marisa said...

Tony hit the anniversary gifts out of the ball park :) Great challenge and card showcasing it.

Lynn said...

Moe, I really could have used that set for Pat's mini album. I am loving the early sneaks at the fabulous new sets...and smiling about your coffee ring engagement rings. Love, love love the anniversary card you created. Would you like to send it to us :)

Looking forward to playing along with the Verve challenge week when we get home!

Vickie Z said...

Gorgeous card!! Love the new sentiment, lace is fabulous, and love the wood heart!!! Wonderful, creative challenge!!! Beautiful bracelet and 5 years is big (not measly!)....every year counts!!!

Christina said...

How fun reading about your inspiration for this challenge and seeing how amazing the mix of neutrals look on your card. Wonderfully elegant!

Marianne said...

Agree with Christina here. It's amazing how you can make that mix of neutrals sparkle. That bracelet is gorgeous, too. I never wear any, but I can fully understand why you're so happy with it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...