Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Fabulous

fabulous

Good morning! So have I got you all confused yet?  Things seem a little schizophrenic here on the blog lately {grin}.  That’s because I’m trying out different styles.  I’ve been dabbling more in CAS just because I admire the style so.  Don’t get me wrong, I love my layers and embellishments…but I love the design of CAS.  Today’s card is inspired by this week’s Runway Inspired photo…

Carlos Miele Resort 2013 (from style)-2 

The swirls of colour reminded me of the shaving cream technique so I used purple and rust inks to make the marbled paper, die cut it into a dress form and then added the other colours in with a resin flower and embossed yellow file die cut.  Thanks for stopping by and come back tonight for another CAS card! Yikes!  Promise a layered goodie after that :)

signature

what’s in it?

stamps: pti fabulous frames

ink: versafine onyx, su reinkers

paper: pti white, su curry

accessories: pti dies, cuttlebug embossing folder, twine, resin flower

9 comments:

Tammy said...

I'm loving your CAS creations! Way to go. I've just recently experimented with the shaving cream technique (it will be featured soon in one of my LRW DT posts)

Lynn said...

I must go back and look at that video on the shaving foam technique. So cool. You completely rocked the inspiration photo and you know that I 100% love your CAS Style :)

Suzanne said...

Fabulous is absolutely right, Moe! CAS perfection! Loving that debossed card and the sweet flower.

Marisa said...

Great job. Love the banner tag and the rolodrx card you used

Aimes said...

Hmmmm...now where does Chris keep his shaving cream?! LOL!
This is such a fabby take on the RIC Challenge and totally rocks CAS once again! Your mojo is alive and kickin' this holiday, Diva!
Hugs!
Duchess
x

TannyP said...

You are seriously knocking my socks off with your CAS cards....I have never tried that shaving cream technique, but it's on my 'to try' list now...what a stunner! You and that dress form are fabulous paired together :)

Christina said...

CAS or layered, you do it all with style! Your dress form looks amazing!

Jennifer Rzasa said...

Maureen, this IS fabulous! I love the swirly look you achieved on the dress form- it looks awesome! Thanks for joining us on the Runway!

Unknown said...

Gorgeous card! Love that marbled paper!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...