Monday, August 27, 2012

Wedding Shower Gift

IMG_5800

Good morning!  Well, no more lazy Monday mornings for this little card maker (unless it’s a holiday!).  Today I will head back to my classroom and start setting up for the 2012-2013 school year.  The summer always zooms by, especially August, and this time of year is always bittersweet for me.  But I also love the very beginning of the school year….a fresh start with fresh new ideas to try out :)  For today’s post I’m sharing the shower gift I made up for a friend’s shower I was at yesterday.  You saw the card I made for her on my CASE Study post last Wednesday.  In particular, I made her a set of 20 thank you cards inspired by my PTI Stamp-a-faire card set.  I tied them into 2 packages as the bundle was quite thick once I added envelopes.

IMG_5781

I rarely make the same card twice so had to think about how to make these quickly…I sort of kept track of the time it took, about 2 hours in total.  I made all the elements, then started the assembly line.

IMG_5779

Now I know many of you know this trick, but I think it can stand to be shown here.  As you can see, I stamp on a white SU scrap paper.  This makes it difficult to see white die cuts…so I use a dark piece of card stock to help me line up the stamp better.  Simple, I know, but very effective!

IMG_5778

Here’s the wrapped gift with the card attached using a sweet mini clothespin.

IMG_5804

I stamped the same red heart I used on the card onto the top of the clothespin.  Stamping on wood is good! LOL

IMG_5805

That’s it for today…oh, and if you were wondering how she liked the card…she did!  I had to laugh to myself when they all asked, “Oh, do you make cards?”  I pictured my studio, the paper, ribbon, buttons, bling, etc and the thousands of cards I’ve made over the years.  “Yes, I do make cards {grin}”

Thanks for stopping by! 

signature

all products used for the gift card set are from PTI

15 comments:

Lynn said...

Oh yes...you make cards...fabulous cards! Love all the goodies for your future daughter-in-law. The black and white is perfect. And you know I love the card set. Question, when you use the edger die does the back of the paper look all funny or does a line show across where the die finishes? Does that make sense?!

Tammy said...

What a great shower gift!! Those cards are beautiful!
Enjoy you day back at school. I was going to go in today myself (I'm moving into the classroom next to my current room); however, my sister just invited me to take the 1 hr trip with her to one of the biggest malls in Ontario. I think I'll just put in some extra hours the rest of the week and enjoy the shopping trip today--even though my DH and credit card are begging me to just go to work! Bawhahaha!!

TannyP said...

YOU MAKE A-FREAKING-MAZING CARDS! OH MY! What a beautiful gift and truly gorgeous with your perfectly stamped flowers. Why do you insist on using this awesome set?! Now I must have it....and I need more stamps like I need a kick in the butt...

However, I love this set and think it'd be perfect for any gift!!

Kara Lynne said...

Amazing, truly amazing! I've been gone, so I've missed so much - so glad I got to see your thank you notes. You sure do make cards!!

Tracey McNeely said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tracey McNeely said...

Gorgeous Maureen, every single detail of these thank you cards are so beautiful. She is going to love this and love this shower gift. You tutorial is fantastic Maureen!

Marisa said...

What a lovely card. Pink and green is one of my favorite colour combos and the edge on it is fabulous. MUST use mine!! Love how you packaged the gift too - sure she loved it :)

Hope the classroom set up goes quickly this week. I have to call the HS today as they put my DD in the wrong Art class and we are trying to get her our of the French class she is in as the teacher is horrible.

Off for one last dip in the pool with the kids and some friends.

Tamika said...

Awesome!!!!!I've never had to make multiple of anything for something but I've thought of how'd I go about it if it ever came to be...

scrappingnana said...

Great gift and a beautiful card.

The Paper Parade said...

Oh wow, what a great shower gift! I can't believe you made 20 cards AND that big gift! You are ever so generous! But I am really surprised...I had no idea you made cards!!!! ;)

Suzanne said...

Yes, I make cards, live and breathe cards, and would eat them if I could! LOL!

What a beautiful gift, Maureen! I am always scared to go the extra crafty mile for gifts but you've really inspired me to try it sometime.

Stephanie said...

Oh my goodness - such beautiful creations Maureen!! I'm releasing my own range of stamps soon - can I be cheeky & ask if you would consider guest designing for me at some point? xxx

Meredith MacRitchie said...

Well of COURSE she loved the card!! *wink*

I always feel weird in that moment of "Did you make that?!" because you don't want to seem like you're bragging, but yet, you're proud that everyone loves what you did.

You give gifts like I do - something handmade, with lots of fun things put together to follow a theme! :)

Thanks for your sweet comment today!!

Aimes said...

Oh I need to get married so you can come and shower me with such gifts, Diva! LOL!
You've got the mass production line sorted! I love the design of your thank you cards - so very pretty (and pretty CAS too...see, that style has its advantages when mass producing! LOL!)
Hugs!
Duchess
x

Jinny Newlin said...

What an absolutely gorgeous gift, Maureen! That card set is amazing! LOVE the color palette! I have people ask me that question lots, too, and I just smile and think and say the same thing. LOL! LOVE it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...