Friday, August 31, 2012

Good Things are Going to Happen

vlvsept1

Good morning!  Seems like some of my dear followers noticed a lack of posting this week.  I’ve been in my classroom everyday this week setting up for the new year which also means I’ve been bringing work home to finish in the evenings.  I’m trying not to burn out here on the blog, so you may see fewer posts over the next little while as I adjust to being back at work full time :)  So today is the last Friday of my beloved summer and what better way to celebrate than with a brand new month of sketches over on the Viva La Verve forum!  Play all month and you could win $100 worth of Verve product!  Yummy!  Check out all the deets over on the Viva La Verve Forum.

I love the weeks after a Stamp Release when I can really get into playing with all the new product and mixing it with older items.  I’ve used a sentiments and flowers from Brighter Days and the leaves from Dream Big that fit into the new Dreamy Leaves die!  Oh, I love die cutting!  I also love how many of the new Release sentiments fit onto the Rounded Rectangle Die, which in turn fits under the Rounded Scallop Frame.  I’ve cut it out of balsa wood!  And you know what I say, “Wood is good!”  Here’s Diva Amber’s sketch…

VLVSepWk1Sketch

Thanks so much for visiting!  I appreciate it so much :)  Have you checked out the Verve Sale and New Release?  Head over to the Verve Store and see what’s new!

signature 

what’s in it?

stamps: Brighter Days, Dream Big (Verve)

paper: kraft (PTI), kiwi, artichoke (SU), Indie Ginger (My Mind’s Eye)

ink: onyx (Versafine), kiwi (SU)

accessories: Dreamy Leaves, Scalloped Flowers, Rounded Rectangle Die, Rounded Scallop Frame (A Cut Above by Verve), buttons, twine (PTI), doily (Etsy shop), gems (Kaisercraft), stitching, balsa wood

10 comments:

Lynn said...

I have LOTS of new Verve at my house! Cannot wait to get inky this weekend...and I have all the stamps on this card...wooohoo! I love how you used patterned paper for those gorgeous blooms...absolutely divine design!

selina.mcginn said...

Enjoy your last Friday.

Aimes said...

Make the most of that last day of freedom, Diva! I've spent mine in my PJs with cups of tea so far - love it! ;D
Such a pretty card - I hope that sentiment is true for both of us as we head into the new year full of enthusiasm and ideas! :D
Hugs!
Duchess
x

Tamika said...

A different kind of sketch and you made a beautiful card out of it!

Marisa said...

When the sketch isn't on the SCS forum I know I can find it here :) Fabulous take on it! Love the flowers you have tucked bechind the sentiment panel. Off to hop the border to p/u my goodies!! Then it's stamping time!! Happy Friday and enjoy your long weekend :)

Vickie Z said...

That is a heck of a sketch...and....you did it beautifully!!

Kara Lynne said...

You really nailed that sketch! Gorgeous flowers and colors. No worries about lack of posting, this time of year seems busier to me than Christmas!

Meredith MacRitchie said...

Oh I *love* this... all those beautiful layers, and how they so perfectly frame your sentiment!! This is just lovely, Maureen!

Melisa Hunter said...

Such a pretty card! Love the colour combo and the pretty flowers. Will you get any time in the studio this weekend? I hope to! Have a great Labour Day weekend!

Christina said...

I hope everything is coming together in the classroom! This card is just amazingly gorgeous, my friend. I love the beautiful doily, patterned flowers, and that wonderful sentiment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...