Sunday, August 26, 2012

Guests in the Studio!

IMG_5743

Good morning!  I have a fun post this morning!  Two weeks ago, my sister and my twin niece and nephew (the recipients of the bookmarks a week ago) came over for breakfast and a little play time in the studio (requested by Ava, joined in by Jack once he saw the studio ;).  They are from Texas but sadly don’t have a Texan accent (too many trips to Canada I think!).  I was knee deep in my cards for the New Verve Release so they used some of the new sets!   They also insisted I take “professional” photos of them in the light box :) 

IMG_5736

Here’s Jack contemplating the elements on the card.  He tilted the patterned paper layers which make me and my sister think he won’t be an engineer like his Dad ;)  I got quite the thrill out of his creative process…he would say out loud what he was thinking…LOVED that…because it’s the process that I love about my hobby :)

IMG_5737

Here’s sweet Ava.  She was drawn to these 2 resin flowers and used them as the colour inspiration for the rest of her card.  She fell in love with this little birdie paper and had to have him on her card….suh-weet!  She also picked out berry sorbet ribbon for her card.  The love for that colour must run in the family ;)

IMG_5739

They were so proud of their cards and carried them around all day showing our family and friends.  And they loved them so much they said they didn’t want to give them away.  Sounds like we need to make more at Christmas :)

IMG_5745

I had to get in on a photo so grabbed one of the cards I had recently made :) 

IMG_5741

IMG_5742

And the last photos of our playtime :)  So the studio is well broken in now and yes, 2 people can happily stamp at the desk (hint, hint Lynn and Aimes!).  I think these cards are a perfect way to let you all know that the Verve Anni-VERVE-sary Release is now for SALE in the Verve Store…hop on over to see all the amazing sets you could have!  Thanks for stopping by!

AVS12RP_01

signature

what’s in them?

stamps: Happy Birthday plain jane, Doodled Occasions (Verve)

13 comments:

Marianne said...

Wow, I can see the creative talent runs in the family. Of course, having a nice range of quality supplies and a perfect environment always helps to get the creative juices flowing. (Just created & posted my very first card with my very first Verve stamps and some new PPs). Loved the peak into your awesome studio. So jealous LOL.

Tracey McNeely said...

Maureen thanks for sharing, this must have been such a thrill for you. Guests in the studio are always fun. There creations were very thoughtful. Love it!

Lynn said...

Oh wow...love how they have two very different styles, but they are absolutely AWESOME. They certainly have a fabulous eye for design. And the turned panels...no way! :) They are both gorgeous too. So sweet to have special time with you too Moe.

And...I know...how can I get my rear end in your studio...sigh...

Tamika said...

Wow their cards are better than mine! Really nice!

Marisa said...

You are a great auntie :) They did great!! Impressed with all the skewed panels on the card by Jack and the little bird Ava chose is perfect. Bets none of their friends can say they made a card on their vacation :) Great picture of the three of you too.

Kristin K. said...

That is so great. You can tell from their huge smiles how proud they were of their cards. THanks for sharing.

Aimes said...

Fabulous card design must run in the family, Diva! ;D
I love the concentration on Jack's face - so sweet! And Ava is just so sweet!!!
Oooh I do I spot my mittens card in the background of the final family shot?! They look right at home there! *wink*
Thanks to Jack and Ava for warming up the studio for Lynn and myself! LOL!
Hugs!
Duchess
x

Becca-expressions said...

How fun to "break in" your new craft room with family. Their cards are great, and I can see why they were so proud.

Melisa Hunter said...

Such sweet cards! They must have had so much fun! It looks like you did, too! Talent runs in the family!

Luanne said...

They are precious! How fun they must have had! Crafty time with Aunt Moe = priceless!

selina.mcginn said...

So cute!

Tigriswillreign said...

Their cards are absolutely fabulous! Must run in the family!
I could see the card Aimes sent you in the background! So fun that you use sent cards in your decor! ;)

Anonymous said...

OMGOSH THAT STUDIO ♥3♥ And AMAZING cards from the whole family!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...