Friday, August 17, 2012

Anni-VERVE-sary Release ABC Challenge

giftcardbookmarks

Hi everyone!  I’m sneaking this post in before today’s Spotlight Hop goes live.  There’s one more Anni-VERVE-sary Release Challenge today and my project has a few extra pictures so I thought it deserved its own post :)  My twin niece and nephew from Texas are here with my sister and brother in law.  When they come to visit, I like to get them GCs to our local bookstore, Chapters.  They are old enough now that they love to pick out their own books or paraphernalia.  Once I had these colourful GCs, I thought it would be fun to make matching bookmarks  to dress up the gift card sleeves.

AVS12E_ABC 

On the back, I stamped a background with stamps used on the front and added their names. Funny story…when Ava was little and people asked her name, she would answer, “Ava.”  Then they’d ask her what her other name was and she’d say, “JackandAva.” 

bookmarksback

Here’s a close up with some sneaky sneak peeks of new Verve being released in one week…yes, 7 more days!  ACK! Can you wait?!

abcbookmarks

Bookmarks are a perfect gift for the twins…they have ALWAYS loved books.  Truly, they could sit through a whole book since they were babies.  And one was never enough.  Here they are during one of my visits to Texas…I think they are about 2 or 3 here :)  Hey, they are even wearing colours that would match the book marks! LOL

Twoinachair

They were also the flower girl and ring bearer (or ring man as Jack would say) at my wedding 5 years ago.  Jack has his “game face” on.

auntmoejackava

Pretty little flower girl…

Here’s Jack getting ready at my place before the wedding…not impressed and I’m sure rethinking the “ring man” gig.

_MKS0100

The twins joined my in the studio Wednesday for a little stamping session.  They were so cute!  Will post about that next week :)  Okay, come back in a few hours for today’s Spotlight Hop and join in the fun!  There are a TON of prizes with all the celebrations going on…all the details are on the Verve Blog! Thanks for visiting :)

signature

what’s in them?

stamps: Learning to Sail, Doodled Occasions (Verve)

paper: white, lavender (PTI), razzleberry, bliss blue, curry, pumpkin (SU), Fun Day dp (MME), polkadot (PTI)

ink: onyx (Versafine), mustard, razzleberry, blue bliss (SU)

accessories: Frosty Snowflakes (A Cut Above by Verve), tag and letter dies, buttons, rustic twine (PTI), ribbon (Michaels and May Arts), bakers twine (Twinery), stitching

15 comments:

The Paper Parade said...

I love that you shared photos of the recipients along with the bookmarks and tags :) They're going to love them! And how perfect that they're wearing the same colors as the bookmarks ;)

loulou said...

What a great idea and I'm sure the kids will love them, cheers Linda

TannyP said...

What a fantastic pair of bookmarks. I reallly do need that tag die, I think :) Lovely job - and I love the pics of them from your wedding...what a sweet pair!

Aimes said...

Oh your niece and nephew are adorable, Diva - in fact, that bride is super pretty too! :)
I always buy my nieces and nephews GCs - I like to encourage reading! ;D
So funny how their outfits on your pic matches the bookmarks - is that a spooky coincidence?!
Hugs!
Duchess
x

Tiffmagic said...

I love how you used tone on tone with the paper and stamping, I hate the white space around stamp and die combos, looks great using matching/coordinating papers and inks!!!

scrappingnana said...

These are great and a very good idea. Love the way you did each one.
Love the pictures of the your neice & nephew. TFS

Lynn said...

Oh how sweet are those pictures of your niece and nephew. Your nephew is cracking me up :) Those were faces Collin was making at me as we were trying to take a family picture this week...but he came along eventually! The tags are divine. Love all the details and that there is a his and hers. I'm sure that they were really appreciated! How blessed they are to have such a caring Auntie!

Darlene Gabriel said...

These bookmarks are gorgeous and what a perfect gift to go along with the books they chose from Chapters. It's great how you've personalized each one to suit them.

Christine said...

Thank you for sharing your precious photos. I hope you and the little ones have a great visit. They will certainly enjoy their new books. The gift card holders are over-the-top in the adorable category! Thanks for sharing your creativity!

Marlena M. said...

Wow, your bridal pic is gorgeous! I love lil' man's expression~darling twins. Wonderful projects too Maureen. ;)

Nicole said...

Scrolling by to post on the Hop, but had to stop and comment. LOVE THESE!! I JUST bought some bookmark dies and stamps from a couple other companies (Verve will always be my favorite, but you know, you sometimes have to pick up an item or two to go WITH your Verve. he he)
Anyway, what a fabulous aunt you are. I hope they loved their thoughtful gifts. Make sure you autograph them on your way to crafting stardom. ;)

Marianne said...

Both the bookmarks and the pictures are great. Love the colour combos and design.

Ravengirl said...

These bookmarks are totally cute! I love the family pics too!

Jill Norwood said...

So sweet!!! Love the tags, the sweet photos! You were a beautiful bride with wonderful lil attendants!!

Jen Cuthbertson said...

Seriously cute! I love his little game face, lol!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...