Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Happy Birthday ~ CASE Study Anniversary Challenge

CASbirthday

Good evening!  We are in the thick of our Anniversary Month over on CASE Study and so happy so many of you have jumped in with the celebrations :)  This week we are asked to CASE a Design Team member.  Hmmm, THAT in itself is a challenge as each DT member is fabulous in so many ways.  However, I went with someone I only just met through my time on the CASE Study DT.  I’ve become quite smitten with Debby Hughes’ style and she made my jaw drop a few times during the PTI Stamp-a-faire.  So I knew exactly which card I wanted to CASE.  Feast your eyes on this CAS magic (link to original post HERE)  :)

PTItiedye

Now, my problem with CASEing someone is trying too hard to make it look almost exactly like the original.  I rarely can do that.  So I just tried to create a card like I usually do each week.  This was just too much fun!  I do hope you’ll come over to the CASE Study blog and give it a go!  There’s also a fun announcement about a new Guest Designer gig each month!  Wouldn’t that be FUN!?  Thanks so much for stopping by :)  Oh, and yes, there’s another pre sneak peek of new Verve on my card {wink,wink!}

signature 

what’s in it?

stamps: Treasured Words (Verve)

paper: white (PTI), Take Note & Abroad (Studio Calico)

ink: onyx (versafine)

accessories: button, blossom dies (PTI), circle punches (SU), gems (Kaisercraft)

9 comments:

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

You made your CASE so "YOU" and I love it!! The rhinestones are a perferct accent :)

Lynn said...

Stunning CASE of Debby's card. I love your take on it. The soft color palette is divine.

Debby said...

I love your take Maureen! The papers are a perfect mix and the dimension from the flower is fab!

Monika/Buzsy said...

so pretty Maureen. Great take on Debby's card. Love the pretty papers and the layered flower.

Suzanne said...

Maureen, I love the mix of patterns that you've chosen! So soft and pretty!

Christina said...

I love how you've taken the "backbone" of Debby's design and made something that is still unmistakably yours! Great use of the neutral tones and fabulous gem placement.

TannyP said...

Wow - a truly perfect CASE! Gorgeous & inspired....definitely had a beauty to inspire you :)

Aimes said...

Oh how I love this, Diva! You really put your own spin on Debby's original card - especially with that flower! :)
Hugs!
Duchess
x

Marianne said...

I think your CASEd version of the original card is just stunning. I think caseing so. else's card is usually turning into sth. different, because we all have our own signature (style) even if we don't know it ourselves. Hmm, I have already picked one of your cards I'd like to CASE for this challenge. I'm now wondering if my card will turn into something different as well LOL.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...