Thursday, March 25, 2010

Buttons, Buttons, and more Buttons

Good afternoon! Welcome to my entry for the Papertrey Ink March Blog Hop. Last year after I registered my new blog...I hoped I hadn't been too crazy to use 2 embellishments that would soon go out of style. I loved the way both words rolled off my tongue. So you can imagine my delight when PTI started carrying "buttons," and then months later, "bling." Okay...I should be safe for a few years anyways :) This month's requirement was to use, of course, buttons. LOVE this!!! My first card uses my first PTI stamp set, Spiral Bouquet. I love looking at my stamps now and seeing where I can fit in buttons with them. You don't just need the Button Bits sets.

This second card uses buttons in one of my favourite ways. I came up with this idea last Fall, with this card for Dawn's colour challenge. It even got into her Spotlight that week :) I loved making it so much, I made two others....HERE...and HERE. I couldn't believe my luck when I dug out this sheer ribbon I got on clearance at Michaels last Fall. It's orange, pink, and yellow, the perfect match for this card!! Don't those buttons look like candy? Good thing they aren't or this card would be very plain ;) LOL
For this last card, I've used buttons in 2 ways...one for the middle of the butterfly and then tiny ones for the flight path. I know there is some debate out there about leaving buttons bare or always having them dressed. I'm for both ways, depending on the card. How about you? Thanks for dropping by...can't wait to see what everyone else has come up with :) Enjoy the rest of the Hop...




What's in them?
{Thinking of You Today}
Stamps: PTI spiral bouquet, everyday classics
Ink: SU choc chip, kiwi kiss
Paper: PTI kraft, spring moss, cream, pretty pastels dp; SU teal
Accessories: PTI buttons, twill ribbon, stitching, fiskars border punch, floss

{Easter Wishes}
Stamps: PTI mega mixed messages
Ink: SU choc chip
Paper: PTI melon berry, cream, pretty pastels dp
Accessories: blossom nestatilities (wreath base), pearls, sheer ribbon, PTI buttons

{Hi There}
Stamps: PTI mega mixed messages, fancy flourishes, background basics retro
Ink: SU choc chip, veramark, PTI sweet blush
Paper: PTI kraft, cream, bitty box and pretty pastels dp; SU so saffron, choc chip
Accessories: fiskars border punch, twine, PTI buttons and ribbon, gemstones, SU butterfly die

39 comments:

Jackie said...

Your cards are beautiful! I love buttons and bling, too, and hope they never go out of style. I have enough to last me for years, or at least until I see something new I have to have :-).

Laural-Lee said...

OMG Maureen!!! You went all out!!! 3 projects!!!! I love the butterfly one the best (buttons & bling) but they are all fantastic. Love the easter wreath.

Marisa said...

Fabulous cards, Maureen!! I just love the colours of the first one as well as that image. Great button wreath - remember seeing those around Christmas. The butterfly card is amazing. Love the button and bling trail as well as the border along the bottom. Great set of cards :D Also enjoyed your background DPs in the picture.

Lynn said...

I love the buttons and bling trailing the butterfly...perfect!!!

tfiskers said...

LOVE your cards! They are just my type! great job!

Melissa said...

These are all beautiful--great job!!

Traveling Mama said...

Wow! These are amazing! I love them all!

Kathryn B said...

Three fab cards Maureen! Love the colors on the first one especially!

Babies-Beth said...

I love all of your cards, but especially the wreath- now I can't wait until I start Chrismtas cards, lol!!

Rosanne said...

Very pretty cards!

Anika said...

You were on a roll! Love each of them!

Lea L. said...

All three of these are absolutely fabulous!! I love the circle of buttons on the Easter card, and the punched borders on the other two are just fabulous! Great job with the PTI Blog Hop Challenge!

♥♥♥Lea

Karen H. said...

These cards are wonderful! I love the first one - great colors and layout. The wreath in the second one is very cool! The butterfly card is very sweet.

Jen Carter said...

All of them are so pretty! I especially like the first one!

Patti said...

Love the edges on the first card. Really crisp

Heather P. said...

All three are gorgeous, and so perfectly executed! LOVE them, Maureen!!

Kay D said...

All three cards are lovely, but that first one? I'm totally in love with it. That's my kind of card- nice, clean lines and I always love shades of blue! Just beautiful!

Mary Marsh said...

all 3 cards are so pretty-I love how you used the buttons on our projects

Carol's Ink Spot said...

Great use of buttons on all three of your cards posted. My favorite is the butterfly card.

Elizabeth S. said...

So pretty!! Wonderful job!

Marge said...

These are all 3 just DARLING!!!

Jenny said...

Very pretty cards, love them all :)

Amy Kolling said...

I just can't pick a favorite here...they are all just so pretty!

Laura :) said...

Wow, I love all 3 of your cards! The colors are gorgeous and I love how you used the buttons! So pretty!

Sue Ann said...

All 3 cards are amazing but I am really loving the first one ....... WOW!!!

Diane Jaquay said...

All 3 of your cards are truly FABULOUS!!!

Heidi said...

Maureen

Omgoodness these are all beautiful. You know, I have bags of those buttons and so maybe that will be my personal chalenge to pull them out and use them in some challenges this week. I just adore that little wreath and what a simple concept....... thanks for the inspiration!

Sharon said...

These are all so pretty! Really good job!

Jackie Pedro said...

Maureen, you rocked this challenge! I love each card! Using buttons for the butterfly trail is fabulous!!!

Lori said...

Such pretty cards!!

Anonymous said...

Great cards! I love them all1

Mrs. Cunningham said...

very pretty cards!

Nancy L. said...

o my goodness! just lovely!

Taheerah said...

I love all of these Maureen, but that middle card ... *swoon*!! Just adore that button wreath and the colours are divine!!

Cammie said...

Three great cards in both in design and color. Thanks for the inspiration.

Anonymous said...

Your cards are great! I love the butterfly card and your first ard is clean and fresh, love it!

peggysue said...

I like the blue on the first card and the easter wreath, what fun! The color choices are so seasonal and happy.

Aimes said...

I think your blog name will be safe for quite a few years to come ;D
You truly are the queen of buttons y'know! I tend to just sit and stroke 'em but you use them in such an inspirational way!
Aimes
x

TannyP said...

Damn, girl! You're a master of the buttons and bling! Stunning =)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...