Tuesday, March 23, 2010

The Joy of the Lord

Hi, blog friends...not too sure about today's card...I love the colour combo...but something is off for me. It could've been I was tired after a LONG work day yesterday along with stamping at night. My best time to stamp is daytime. My new Verve stamps just call to me all week, "Use me, use me!!" And because I love them so, I break down and oblige ;) Ripping another page from my Norton Anthology of Modern Poetry, I had to read the text to make sure it was "blog appropriate!" This page was a poet's biography. The sketch is from the Card Positioning Systems. One thing I like about these challenges is that the winner is random. Anyone can win. I like that about Verve stamps as well. We are not all professional stampers. Plus we are the ones buying the products. So thank-you to all the companies who let anyone win...just my thoughts :) Have a glorious day!!! (sentiment reads: Do not sorrow, for the Joy of the Lord is your strength).




What's in it?
Stamps: Verve plain jane, PTI polka dot basics 2
Ink: PTI aquamist, versafine onyx
Paper: PTI aquamist, cream, SU really rust, Norton Anthology text paper
Accessories: fiskars punch, stitching, PTI buttons and ribbon, corner chomper, gemstones, cuttlebug ef (hard to see...swiss dots on card base)

8 comments:

Laural-Lee said...

OOoooh I really like this! Beautiful colours together and fantastic layout. I may have to give it a whirl. Have a wonderful day.

Tammy said...

Don't know what you're talking about Maureen--this card is so not "off". I think it's fab! Love the text background!! Need to do that more often!

Marisa said...

Yummy colour combo, Maureen. I think I need to go and buy myself a book to use on cards :D Off to see if my mojo wants to come out and play. That two week break has taken its tole.

Winter said...

Oh My! I REALLY love that color combo! I think I need some rust colored paper in my stash! And that sentiment is perfect! :)

Aimes said...

Oh I'm sure about this card! It's fabulous - just lovin that big perfect bow!
Had to giggle with your comment about my papers prize - yup I imagine my stash will be replenished in no-time even if I have to live off bread and water LOL!
x
P.S You're most definitely not cheap ;D

Kristina said...

Sometimes more sets of eyes help to appreciate cards, don't they? This card is beautiful, Maureen! I love the aqua and rust together. Very striking together.

I'm off to our staff meeting in just a little bit. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for a shorter one (and I'm knocking on wood as I type, lol). We've had so many staff meetings lately due to our Distinguished School award and state visitation, that I'm feeling a little "staff meeting burned out." :)

Melisa Hunter said...

I love everything about this card Maureen: the colour combo, the wide grosgrain, and the apron lace border. It all works wonderfully together. That's such great font on the Verve stamps!

Heidi said...

Beautiful card Maureen- I wouldn't change it but I know how you feel, you have this vision and it just isn't quite right.... get that too. But we will all vouch for you- perfect.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...