Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Thank You for Being in My Life

Good morning!! Have you all recovered from the Olympics? Is it just me or does it feel like they've been on for a month? Today's card is for Karen's Sweet Sunday Sketch. I made it an A2 sized card because it will probably be one of the cards sold at my sister's wine store and I put them in clear A2 envelopes. I kept to the sketch, though, so I'm only stretching it a bit :) I'm using my new Technique Tuesday stamp set that finally arrived via Bellevue, via Vancouver. I used the Gift Certificate I got for my Kristina Werner's colour challenge win awhile back. I also just received my hibiscus burst topnotch twill ribbon...gorgeous!! Is that not the most delicious pink? The top of the card looked a little too bare so I embossed it with the swiss dots folder to add some texture. I hope you are having a great start to your week.


What's in it?
Stamps: PTI giga guidelines; Technique Tuesday Loving Words
Ink: SU rose romance, choc chip
Paper: SU apricot, ruby red, PTI cream, basic grey sugar rush
Accessories: gemstones, square nestabilities, apron lace punch; PTI topnotch twill, cuttlebug ef

7 comments:

Marisa said...

Lovely card, Maureen. Love the image you used an the touch of bling in the middle of each one. Cute watermark too :D

Nancy L. said...

your card is beautiful!!

Shay said...

Very elegant card! The colors are lovely together.

Kristina said...

Such a fun "spring" card to send off the winter olympics. It does seem like they were on for a long time! Part of me really misses having something so different to watch each night, and the excitement of the medals, and the other part of me is so glad for the excuse to go to bed early again, lol.

I do like that hibiscus burst ribbon! I'm usually a little afraid of pink, so I tend to stay away from them, but this card is just so warm... It makes me smile.

It's so wonderful to be back to the blog world again! My break was waaay too long, but necessary. I had forgotten how relaxing stamping is.

Michelle Woerner said...

This is totally cute! Love the image and that great border punch! You and me with our border punches. Heehee!

Hey, you WON the entire Verve Release? Seriously? Girl, you have won some amazing Verve-y lately. You are gonna love this release. It has an amazing set Julee designed for ME!! Hugs,

TannyP said...

Beautirific, Maureen! You always master such awesome challenges!

Winter said...

So pretty! I love that ribbon! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...