Wednesday, March 17, 2010

An Irish Blessing for St. Patrick's Day :)

Top o' the Morning!!! Erin go Bragh!!! Happy St. Patrick's Day!!!!

Well, here it is, my favourite day...I'm sure if my birthday wasn't on St. Patty's Day I might be a little less vocal and obvious about it...but I do love it...so please, I hope you don't think it's self-serving or attention-getting...I'm not like that, but I've always thought it was special being born on this day. When I was born, the sixth child, fifth girl, my parents were running out of girl names!!! LOL...Mom said I had to have an Irish name...hence, Maureen, which is Irish for Mary (and yes, I have a sister Mary!! LOL). Today is GREEN DAY in my class...we will watch the old Disney movie, Darby O'Gill and the Little People, eat green icing cupcakes, and read several St. Patrick's day books :) So working on my birthday will not be terrible at all :) Then it's off to a new Irish pub in town for Green Beer :) Thanks to all of you for putting up with all the St. Patrick's Day hoopla here for the past week or so. Have I converted anyone? Will you enjoy it any more....or less? LOL Also, thank-you to all the kind, kind comments and wonderful stories left on my Blog Candy post...there are still about 12 hours until it closes...I'll hopefully have the winner posted here tonight or tomorrow...depends on how the Green Beer goes!! LOL There were so many fabulous and funny St. Patrick's Day stories and one commenter even met her husband on the day I was born back in 1966 :) Hmmmm, maybe I should get onto today's card. This card was made a while back when I fell in love with this patterned paper. I only bought a sheet of it and am down to the last scraps of it after this week. I wanted to make a book mark card so the recipient could use it afterwards...I love this Irish Blessing...I love all of them...it's reason enough to love St. Patrick's Day :) And so to all my lovely blog friends, old and new, I wish you nothing but blessings on this wonderful, joyful day :) And the last fun fact about this day (gee, I only got in 4 facts...will start earlier next year...LOL)....

St. Patrick did not actually drive snakes out of Ireland; the snakes represent the pagans that he converted to Christianity.

And this brings me to the birthday card my sister sent me years ago...I had to keep it because it was soooooo funny!!!

Cheers!!



What's in it?
Stamps: My Sentiments Exactly
Ink: SU black
Paper: PTI white, spring moss, SU wasabi, It Takes Two dp
Accessories: stitching, large eyelet, SU grosgrain, gemstones, SU corner punch

11 comments:

Winter said...

Happy Birthday Maureen! I hope your day is filled with Blessings! :)

TannyP said...

Happy Birthday, Moe! Hope it's a fabulous one!! That card is a beauty - and I got a really good laugh from your old birthday card! =)

(and yes, I think you've really converted me!)

Melisa Hunter said...

Happy Birthday, Maureen! Have a fun-filled day! I'm making a special green dessert in honour of St. Patrick's Day!

Heather P. said...

Happy birthday!! Love your card it's gorgeous, and the one your sister sent you way back is too funny!!

Marisa said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, Maureen!!! Hope you had fun celebrating with your kids today and enjoy your green beer tonite :D

LOVE that old birthday card and can relate to the comments LOL! Is it a Far Side card - just love his sense of humour.

Sorry your card will be late. My mom's sister died this weekend so we had to get mom all packed up and off to Ontario etc. so the card didn't get mailed until yesterday...guess you'll have to turn it into birthday week :D Have a GREAT day :D

Laural-Lee said...

Love this card! Love it especially because it becomes a bookmark (a pretty one at that). That is wonderful dp. I've been admiring it all month.

Happy Birthday!!

Kristina said...

Happy Birthday, Maureen! It sounds like a fun day in your classroom today. I always love movie days. :) Th is such a lovely card. I love that little line of bling at the bottom of the bookmark. So perfect as a finishing touch!

I've really enjoyed the fun facts about St. Patrick's Day! I know more now than ever before! I made sure to grab some corned beef and potatoes for dinner tonight... Yum! Enjoy some green beer for me!

Lynn said...

Maureen,
Hope you have a wonderful birthday!!

Lynn

Vickie Z said...

Happy Birthday!! (think I left my b-day wishes on the wrong post)!! Card from your sister is cute.... haven't drank green beer in a while!!

Andrea M said...

Happy Birthday Maureen! Happy St. Patty's Day! Hope the green beer is great!

Myzdamena said...

Hope you had a glorious birthday!

I love this card- I haven't seen papers like that before it all works very well

xxx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...