Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Kiss Me! I'm Irish!!

Isn't that reason enough to celebrate St. Patrick's Day? I'm a quarter Irish on my mom's side so I can say this all year to my dh (not that he ever needs coaxing...LOL). I'm going way out of my comfort zone using a sketch AND a colour combo...I think it can work, but it really felt limiting. But it's a busy birthday week with back to school, back to the gym, our strata's AGM, and turning 39 again ;) This card fulfills the Curtain Card Colour Challenge and uses this week's Card Positioning Systems sketch. I really wanted to participate as they have some Stamping Bella up for prizes :) I think this may be my last St. Patty's card of the year :( I have an older one for the BIG day tomorrow...so this is probably it. Okay, now for today's St. Patrick's Day fact...

According to the Guinness Book of World Records, the highest number of leaves found on a clover is 14. One estimate suggests that there are about 10,000 regular three-leaf clovers for every lucky four-leaf clover. Legend says that each leaf of the clover means something: the first is for hope, the second for faith, the third for love and the fourth for luck. St. Patrick used the Shamrock to help explain the Catholic belief of Three Persons in one God...God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit.

I think that's all!! LOL I've got to keep it all together...LOL, oh, last call for my Blog Candy!! I'll do the random number draw after we get home from the St. Patty's/Birthday festivities :) Have a lovely Tuesday and I hope you'll wear green tomorrow...even a tiny bit (for me!!)

Hugs!



What's in it?
Stamps: Studio G
Ink: SU artichoke
Paper: PTI white, lemon tart, SU always artichoke, It Takes Two dp
Accessories: stitching, circle nestabilities, satin ribbon, MS border punch

8 comments:

TannyP said...

I'm going all green, all day...just for you tomorrow! I think you've knocked these sketch/color combo challenges out of the park. What a stunning card, Maureen!

Have a wonderful Birthday Eve =)

Kristina said...

Wonderful job with both challenges! The more I stare at that Curtain Call challenge, the more I want to play along. :) I am really enjoying all of the random St. Patrick's Day facts you are providing for us. I don't think I've ever known so much about St. Patrick's Day! Today's my last big day of conferences. The kids go home at 12:30 and my first conference starts at 1:00. 5 of them today. We get out at the same time all week, so I don't really have your big day "off," but it's definitely a good way to celebrate by getting done early!

Myzdamena said...

*Whispers In Case Of Dire Hangover*

I hope you really enjoy/enjoyed the festivities!

Go n-eírí an bóthar leat
(May the road rise with you)

Tilly said...

Happy Birthday Maureen! (It's already St Pat's Day down here in New Zealand, so technically I'm not early!)

Lea L. said...

Such a fun St. Patty's card!! Thanks for joining us at CPS & the Curtain Call this week!

♥♥♥Lea

Stacey Schafer said...

what a fab design, Maureen:) love the torn edges and the blending of color:) thanks so much for playing the Curtain Call!

Laural-Lee said...

Love your card!! That dp is wonderful. You would have no idea that you are working out of your comfort zone! Great stitching. Thank you for that very helpful fact! Patrick was one smart saint....

Have a fabulous dinner and a wonderful birthday. I'll be wearing green (if I can remember). Hopefully everyone will be back to school and work tomorrow.

Shelley said...

Darn, I'm a day late to wish you a happy birthday! I hope it was a great one. Your card is a sweet one! Glad you joined us at the Curtain Call!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...