Sunday, March 14, 2010

Luck o' the Irish

Good morning everyone!!! It's the official last day of Spring Break...so today is bittersweet...my dh is taking me out for breakfast before mass, then we're off to Costco :) I have 2 cards for you today, using the Mojo Monday sketch. I really wanted to use some more of my new goodies from our road trip this week. I found the sweetest Wedding stamp set from Cloud 9 (made by Fiskars if you can believe it!). They are clear stamps and I asked the woman who worked in the store if they stamped well...as you know, there are varying qualities of clear stamps. She said they stamped beautifully and she was correct :) The patterned paper on the tilted panel is some fun wedding paper. It says "Tying the Knot" on this side and on the other side it says, "Save the Date." How versatile!! The glitter hearts are punched from a Cuttlebug die with glitter cardstock and "tied into a knot" with linen thread :) But I couldn't leave this sketch alone...I wondered what it would look like as a St. Patrick's Day card...here is the answer...

Did I go GIGA on that shamrock, or what? LOL LOL!! I couldn't resist!! One little sweet tidbit about this button I'm using is that it's from my Irish Grandfather's button collection...he sold buttons and my mom gave me a huge bag of all his boxes years ago :) I'm finding through Blog land that some people like St. Patrick's Day and some are neutral...they don't really celebrate it or think about it much. EEEKKK!!!! So I thought, since it's my favourite day of the whole entire year, I should share a little bit about this fantastic day :) I hope you don't mind...for the next few days I hope to share a little fact about St. Patrick's Day...

St. Patrick’s Day is observed on March 17 because that is the feast day of St. Patrick, the patron saint of Ireland. It is believed that he died on March 17 in the year 461 AD. It is also a worldwide celebration of Irish culture and history. St. Patrick’s Day is a national holiday in Ireland, and a provincial holiday in the Canadian province of Newfoundland and Labrador.

Unfortunately, I live in B.C. and we don't get the day off!! LOL It usually falls on our Spring Break, but not this year :( Anyways, I hope you all have a lovely Sunday. Thanks for dropping by and sharing a few minutes with me :)
Oh, and 3 days left for my blog candy...



What's in it?
{My Hand to Hold}
Stamps: Cloud 9 Simple Thoughts ~ Wedding
Ink: Versafine Onyx
Paper: PTI cream, black, Bazzill brown, Reminisce dp, roses dp (craft supply, American Crafts bronze glitter paper
Accessories: sheer ribbon, gemstones, cuttlebug hearts die, SU linen thread

{luck o' the Irish}
Stamps: Studio G, PTI Heart Prints
Ink: SU artichoke, kiwi kiss,
Paper: PTI white, black, SU kiwi kiss, wasabi, Reminisce dp, It Takes Two dp
Accessories: SU sheer ribbon, gemstones, Grandpa's vintage button, SU gold cord, large heart punch

4 comments:

An Occasional Genius said...

Hi Maureen, I adore your wedding card, gorgeous colours and wow ribbon, great job!

Marisa said...

When I saw this sketch and the off center panel, I ran for the hills and here you have made not one but TWO wonderful cards with it LOL! Great wedding card - love the sentiment and DPs. Fun shamrock DP on the second one and I love the jumbo one on the front.

Enjoy your last day of Spring Break :D I have another week of trying to keep the kids busy. Just got the Chlorine smell out of my hair from our 3 hour visit to the pool on Friday LOL! Think we are going to visit the Mint tomorrow as they have carried it over - yeah, that was the one pavilion I really wanted to see.

Laural-Lee said...

I love both cards Maureen. Lovely sentiment for the wedding card! And the giga shamrock is fabulous. The sentimental button is my favourite though.

Kristina said...

I'm with Marisa on "running for the hills" when I saw this sketch. Notice it never showed up on my blog. hehe

But you nailed it and may have some of my favorite cards made using it. I love that St. Patrick's day card! That giga shamrock is adorable! I might need to invest in a heart punch simply so I can make shamrocks, lol.

We have a whole week for parent conferences... Minimum days all five days. Because this is our second round of conferences this year, these later ones are for "as needed" meetings. I think I ended up with 11 conferences total out of my 20 students. Not too bad! I also managed to cram all but one into today and tomorrow so that I can spend those extra hours Wed-Fri taking care of things in my classroom. Free kid-less prep time! Hooray!

Did you order any new Papertrey goodies last night? I havnen't ventured over there yet (though that is next on my to do list, hehe). But I also just saw the note on Nichole's blog about a lot of things already being sold out! Say it isn't so!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...