Sunday, March 21, 2010

Your Heart's Desire

Hello, friends :) I hope your Sunday's off to a great start :) I finally am able to join in with the ladies over at the Cinema Saturday Creative Challenge. When I saw the colours and requirement for the movie, 13 Going on 30, this new Doodlebug paper came to mind. I was inspired by the theme of "be careful what you wish for." However, this warning, as wise as it is, didn't seem right for a greeting card. Then I thought of using this Verve "Wishing You" stamp, but wanted to add "your heart's desire." Enter my handy Word program. I printed out "your heart's desire," then added the Wishing You above it. This sentiment comes from one of my favourite books, The Alchemist, by Paulo Coelho. My favourite line is, "When a person really desires something, all the universe conspires to help that person realize his dream." I love it so much that it is on the first page of my wedding scrapbook. {although the universe took its own sweet time getting my dream to me...20 years!! LOL...not complaining now, though :) } I was so happy that hearts were considered geometric shapes as they go perfectly with this sentiment. They are punched out of glitter cardstock (the green one was left over from my St. Patty's cards :) Simple, but I think that yummy plaid paper and the sentiment say it all. Thanks for visiting :) Have a lovely Sunday :)





What's in it?
Stamps: Verve Wishing You
Ink: versafine onyx
Paper: PTI spring moss, white, SU kiwi kiss, doodlebug dp, american crafts glitter cardstock
Accessories: computer, cuttlebug heart die, heart and labels 4 nestabilities, PTI ribbon

12 comments:

Melisa Hunter said...

What a great card! Love this colour combo and all the details. It's interesting to hear all the thoughts behind creating the card, too. That's one of my favourite books, as well!

Laural-Lee said...

This is a great card. I love your hybrid sentiment and the touch of glitter and you can't go wrong with a little raspberry fizz. Great paper too.

That is a really good Sentiment from the Alchemist. It reminds me that while it may seem like God's not listening to a prayer he's putting together something even better :)

Marisa said...

Love the sparkly hearts and the fun plaid DP. Only one more sleep before I get some stamping time - yeah!!

Justine said...

What a great card, love the plaid paper, the sentiment and how you have set it up with the glitter hearts.

Aimes said...

Ooh scrummy colour combo! That DP goes soooo well with the rest of the card and I'd have never known you printed the bottom of the sentiment! Fits perfectly with the stamp (and blingy hearts ;D_
As ever, your bows have me drooling - sooooo jealous of your talent!
Aimes
x

Carol Dunstan said...

beautiful card!

Winter said...

So pretty! I love,love,love those colors! :)

Jen Cuthbertson said...

Great card! I love the colors and the sparkly hearts are just divine!!

Betty J Schaub said...

2 ses; sweet & sparkly

Ann said...

Cute, cute, cute! I love these colors!

anaRy said...

Lovely colors and super cool sparkly hearts!
Anary

Brooke S said...

Melt my heart..... This card is adorable... I totally LOVE IT... You and your sentiments.... You totally amaze me.... Perfect just like you..
HUGS
BROOKE

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...