Saturday, March 20, 2010

I Will Give You Rest

Good morning!! Today's card was just me throwing some paper around...if this colour combo and paper look familiar, you are not going crazy...I used them for Karen's Sweet Sunday Sketch a couple of days ago. I was actually going to make this one first and then thought these papers would work well for Karen's card. After I had finished and gone downstairs for a bit, I remembered that I had wanted to make a blossom for it as well. So before I went to bed, I made one. Making these out of book paper is a lot easier than heavy designer paper, much easier to smoosh. So here's the "with flower" version.

I'm posting both as I'm not sure which one I like better. Hmmm...oh, well, the flower is stuck now so I guess that ends that debate :) The leaf paper is flocked (Laural's question from Thursday :) and is from the Peachy Keen Kaisercraft collection. This last photo is what was lying on my doorstep on Wednesday :) A very good friend and former colleague left these pussy willows tied with a gorgeous lucky clover scarf by my front door so I would see them as I got home after work on my birthday. She is so creative with flowers, and this is no exception :) This scarf will find it's way into my St. Patrick's day wardrobe next year :) Have a wonderful day...we have been promised warm, sunny weather...hope you have the same :)

What's in it?
Stamps: Verve plain jane
Ink: SU choc chip
Paper: PTI kraft, white, SU choc chip, kaisercraft dp, printed paper from old Norton Anthology of Modern Poetry ;) Accessories: circle nestabilities, satin ribbon, brad, gemstones, corner chomper

5 comments:

Denni said...

Beautiful card! I like it with the flower.

Laural-Lee said...

you know what's great about your card? it looks great with or without that cute flower!

Love the scarf! Can't wait for you to wear it next year.

Marisa said...

What yummy paper and card. Your pussy willows are gorgeous. I have fond memories of stopping by the side of the highway to Whistler and picking a few.

Winter said...

So pretty! I love the color combo and the pretty paper! :)

Kristina said...

LOVE this card! That paper, and those colors are absolutely stunning! I really like both versions of the card, but lean more toward without the flower... But that's the minimalist in me speaking, lol. I really need to try one of those flowers. Maybe a stop at the thrift store is in order for this weekend. I've had Dawn's link saved for forever, it seems, but have never given it a try. Hmmm....

Have a wonderful, spring weekend!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...