Wednesday, March 24, 2010

My Heart Shall Beat

Good evening, everyone...a nighttime post as I was getting ready for the Thursday Papertrey Ink blog hop. My dh is working late so I can play in the studio for awhile with Mercy's Tuesday sketch :) I pulled out another lovely sentiment from my new Cloud 9 stamp set. It's the main reason I bought this set. It reads, "My heart shall beat because of you. My eyes see because of you. My mind thinks because of you. And I shall love because of you. Eskimo Love Song." Even though I'm using some Valentine paper, I think you could send this as a wedding or engagement card too. Or even an anniversary card!! (Maybe I'll keep it and use it in July!! LOL). The ribbon was a bit fiddley as the tails kept blocking the sentiment...so just like my mom used to trim our bangs, I kept trimming and trimming and trimming!! (I'm sure many of you can relate!!) Have a lovely evening, see you tomorrow around 2:30 for the PTI blog hop :)




What's in it?
Stamps: Cloud 9 ~ Simple Thoughts, Wedding
Ink: versafine onyx
Paper: PTI cream, SU blossom, bayou blue (I think!), cloud 9 dp, red dp (craft supply)
Accessories: stitching, satin ribbon, MS border punch, gemstones

5 comments:

Melisa Hunter said...

What a gorgeous card! I love how you made the panel long and skinny. The scalloped bottom edge is so pretty and the bow turned out perfectly.

Kristina said...

What a great sentiment! I can see why it drew you in to the stamp set. :)

I honestly would have never guessed it was Valentine's paper because it just felt so perfect with the "feel" of the card. I love the little decorative punching you did at the bottom of the sentiment. Was that an edge punch?

As for my PTI goodies... I don't think I ordered any stamp sets. But I did order paper, ink, ribbon, etc. in the new color, Hawaiian Shores. I also refilled a bunch of my other papers that were running low. Oh, and I got the new dp from Heather. Such fun colors! I'm wishing now that I had purchased those scalloped edge dies... But they were sold out at the time, so I guess they'll have to wait until my next order so that I can save on shipping. :) I'm still waiting for my box to arrive. It takes forever to get to California if I order on a release weekend. Usually 2 weeks. I did get a shipping notice yesterday, so maybe it will be on my porch when I get home from work tomorrow!!!

Laural-Lee said...

Your card is beautiful!! That dp is great because it isn't too busy. I like the border punch on your sentiment panel. Beautiful bow. I hope to have my PTI blog ready to roll this afternoon. I've got a bunch of running around to do yet again today. I dislike bureaucratic red tape!!! I've become known as the mother from Greenstone drive :) Is that a good thing? LOL

Marisa said...

What a fabulous sentiment!! Love the border on the bottom of it too. DP is a perfect match.

The colour site is down as the lady that ran it is getting divorced and doesn't have the funds now to keep running it :( Not good, as it sure helped me out when I needed an extra colour on a card and couldn't figure out which one would work. Sure would be great if SCS had it as an add on to their site - may have to send a note in suggesting it.

TannyP said...

Wow - what an awesome sentiment =) Great job on this awesome card. You never cease to amaze me with your consistently gorgeous cards.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...