Friday, March 12, 2010

May Your Life Be Like a Wildflower...

AHHHHHH!!! My Verve win finally arrived!!! I was so hoping it would as it's the last day of Spring Break and my day has been pretty much devoted to studio time :) I already posted today, but I'm so excited about my new stamps {insert huge smile here!}. With no familiar challenges up until this weekend, I thought I'd play with a new one. My blog buddy, Marisa, is on the design team for the Curtain Call Colour Challenge. Then I went over to the Card Positioning Systems blog and surfed through some old sketches. Julee's gorgeous flower is layered with real red and ruby red. And I had to try out my new corner chomper :) It's great!! I chomped the corners after the card was made...no problem with the buttons in the corner. New stamps + new paper + new toys = studio bliss. Have a wonderful evening :) Oh, if you are interested in some blog candy...click here :)



What's in it?
Stamps: Verve Feel the Sun
Ink: Versafine Onyx
Paper: PTI white, spring moss,pure poppy, SU bayou bay, ruby red, Cosmo Cricket dp
Accessories: buttons, floss, corner chomper

11 comments:

Laural-Lee said...

Another card today!!! Fabulous! I'm so excited that you got all your verve goodies. Great colours. I must try! I managed to get one done today....yay...I'm back in the game LOL

Stacey Schafer said...

This is gorgeous, Maureen! I love you mix of pattern with that awesome Verve image:) Thanks so much for playing the Curtain Call!

Marisa said...

Yeah, you got your goodies!!! I just LOVE this sentiment!! This was my favorite new set too. On to my wish list it goes :D Great Curtain Call card too :D Thanks for playing and for mentioning the challenge on your blog. I love that corner finish too - may have to go check out that chomper myself as it gives such a nice finish to a card.

Lucky you to get a day to play with stamps. I, on the other hand, am once again wearing some "eau de chlorine" from an afternoon at the pool LOL! One week down, one to go.

Melissa said...

Isn't it awesome to have Verve wins??? I LOVE this set too - Julee always outdoes herself. Your card is simply beautiful! Thanks for joining us at the Curtain Call - you can never have too many Canucks participating. :)

Tammy said...

Love that flower!! Totally pops!

Lea L. said...

This is beautiful! I love the sentiment! Thanks for joining us at the Curtain Call!

♥♥♥Lea

Jackie Pedro said...

Gorgeous card, Maureen! Don't you just love that flower? Love the layout!

Kristina said...

Hooray for new Verve! I'm so glad your goodies made it to you before the end of Spring Break. A blissful day of stamping in the studio!

The card turned out gorgeously. That pop of red (two-toned, none-the-less!) looks stunning against the simple background.

Niki Estes said...

Beautiful card, Maureen! I love those colors, papers, and sketch! The flower just pops off the card!

Winter said...

So pretty! I love that color combo and I love that sentiment too! :)

Tanya said...

Your card turned out beautiful, sooooo happy that your Verve finally showed up! So thrilling. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...