Friday, March 26, 2010

To Love and Be Loved


Good morning!!! It's FRIDAY!!!!!! The end of my work week and the Viva La Verve challenge day:) I've so enjoyed my stint as "Guest Sketch Diva." Thanks so much to Amber and all the divas for all their lovely comments. I'm a work in progress ;) I was so excited when Amber said we could look for our own inspiration photo. I love googling images!! I had about 5 photos saved when I had to stop myself. I decided to use this one as I love the pink, yellow, and gray colour combo. The fabric on the chairs reminded me of one of my favourite papers from last summer. I was so sad I had only bought one piece of it until I found it again in a paper pad at Michaels (no less!!). And I'm still using my new Verve...can't put it down... my blue binder that stores all my Verve stamps has been open on the studio floor for 2 weeks straight!! LOL The sentiment panel was a bit plain and I thought of every possible embellishment or stamp that could fill up the white space around the sun. I finally settled on some pink floss. I kind of like it :) I know you will have fun with this one...all I did to search for photos was Google, "kitchens," and then click on images. I even narrowed my search to "retro kitchens," "shabby chic kitchens," "modern kitchens," "colourful kitchens," etc, etc. If you don't want to do that, you can even be inspired by your own kitchen, or elements in your kitchen!! Maybe an appliance!!! Now that I think about it, I could've used my pink Kitchenaid mixer!!! Hehe!!! Can't wait to see what you find. Have a fabulous Friday (is there any other kind? lol)





What's in it?
Stamps: Verve feel the sun
Ink: Versafine onyx
Paper: PTI cream, SU gray, mustard, cosmo cricket dp, basic grey dp, DCWV dp
Accessories: cuttlebug ef, pearls, satin ribbon, PTI button, floss, SU curly label punch

4 comments:

Marisa said...

This sketch is going to kill me!! Aaack!! Love what you've done with it. A perfect match to your inspiration piece! Great DPs and your grey ribbon is perfect. Well done!! Enjoy your weekend :D

Aimes said...

Oooh what a scrummy mix of colours; that ribbon really brings out the yellow and pink!
I've loved your work as the Guest Sketch Diva - you rock those Verve stamps, they're lucky to have you!
Hope you've had a fab weekend!
Aimes
x

TannyP said...

An amazing job you did with this awesome stamp and a super fun challenge =) Nice work - you did the Divas proud all month, Maureen!

TannyP said...

GORGEOUS! You're such a perfect Diva!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...