Monday, March 22, 2010

Sunshine in the Heart

Good morning...ah, did the weekend go by too fast? I had two very peaceful days to play in the studio and sleep. When I saw Karen's card for her sketch this week, this black and white paper came to mind and then berry sorbet made its way onto the desk. Hola!! I looked through all my sentiment stamps and chose this oldie but goodie from Stampin' Up! I love this set :) The main panel had nothing on it at first...I was debating whether to leave it plain, but it looked "too" plain...so I'm trying a black blossom with a little bit of bling. I think it looks better than it did...definitely "groovy!" I had an aha moment reading Karen's post. If you make a 4.25 x 4.25 card and have the ribbon or paper coming off the sides, it will fit into an A2 envelope perfectly!! I can't believe I had never realized that!!! DUH!!! Thanks, Karen :) I may make more 4.25 square cards now!! Have a wonderful day...staff meeting tonight, but I have birthday cake as my reward when I go home (from a belated family birthday dinner).





What's in it?
Stamps: SU friend to friend, PTI blooming button bits
Ink: versafine onyx
Paper: PTI berry sorbet, white, black and white dp, SU pumpkin pie,
Accessories: circle nestabilities, PTI button and ribbon, SU linen thread, silver pearls

8 comments:

Winter said...

How pretty! Love these colors too! You did great on the sketch! :)

Guylaine Seyer said...

beautiful card!

Marisa said...

Fabulous card, Maureen :D Love those polka dots and your colour combo. Darling flower by the sentiment and the touch of bling is perfect. Enjoy your family b-day celebration :D

Laural-Lee said...

Love the polka dots and colours you use. Fab sentiment too!

Courtney Baker said...

So pretty! Oh and I saw you question on Laural-Lee's blog... I do sell the May Arts ribbon by the yard!

Melisa Hunter said...

What a sunshiney colour combo! I love square cards and it's so cute when the ribbon extends over the side. That's a great sentiment from SU!

Mary Marsh said...

this was a great sketch and you made a great card

Heidi said...

Maureen it is a wonderful sentiment! I am so glad I found my way back to your blog after losing all my saved ones. HOpe you'll stop on over- Heidi (scraphappily SCS)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...