Thursday, March 11, 2010

Two Roads Diverged in a Wood

Good morning!!! Well, we're back from our little vacation to the big city (Vancouver, BC). We had a fabulous time, but more on that at the end of the post :) Today's card is full of the yummy goodies purchased on our trip :) New paper, new flower, new embossing folder and a new to me Verve stamp that had yet to be inked. I've always loved this sentiment and even wrote a paper on it in first year English way back when... What's funny about this is that Mercy has declared Thursday, Verve day :) LOL So this card is perfect to post there today :) I wish you could see it, but the bottom of the kraft card base is embossed with the Argyle embossing folder. I really need to find a way to have embossing photograph better.

Okay...more on our trip...here's a photo of all the luscious paper and stamps and embossing folders I picked up. I had a mission to find a corner chomper and finally did on our way out of town at a GREAT scrapbooking store in Langley, BC, called Precious Memories. Incredible selection of new product which can be tricky in Canada. I was a happy little stamper in there and couldn't resist showing my published cards to the ladies who worked there. They had a stack of the February CARDS on sale for 14.99 :)

On our second day in Vancouver, we walked all over down town and over to the Olympic cauldron waiting patiently to be relit for the Paralympics that start on Friday. It looks kind of bare without the flame, doesn't it?


Here's a fun picture Tony took of us...we laughed because we could hardly see the cauldron in the photo, but it's because I had the zoom on from the last photo.


Here's the redo of it and the "kiss" shot we always like to do...but I started laughing :) It was so good to get away and sleep in and eat treats and just hang out. That's all for today...I need to reorganize the studio a bit :) Have a lovely day....oh, and if you haven't entered yet, check out my blog candy until March 17th :)



What's in it?
Stamps: Verve Beautiful You
Ink: SU choc chip; PTI tea dye ink
Paper: PTI kraft, cream, SU really rust, groovy guava, Cosmo Cricket Material girl
Accessories: stitching, Nestabilities Labels 4, cuttlebug ef, Prima flower, PTI buttons, fiskars apron lace punch, linen thread

9 comments:

Melisa Hunter said...

Looks like you had a great trip! We're heading down today. Congrats on top 12 for Verve last week1 That was a great card. This one's cute, too. Love the red in there. Very nice goodies. How fun!
ttys!

Laural-Lee said...

You and hubby look so cute together :) I'm so green with envy at all your goodies. I'm wanting to get those new cosmo cricket paper packs!!!

Love the bold stitching on your card!

TannyP said...

Awwwww - too cute =)

I love all of your goodies....feel free to ship 'em all over my way with that fabulous blog candy! HAHA

Awesome Article on Olympics

Marisa said...

Look at that stash of goodies :D Nothing better than playing with new stuff - enjoy!! Great pics of you and Tony too :D

Sankari W. said...

First of all dearest Maureen, you are simply GORGEOUS!!! That smile and those sparkley eyes just beam sunshine through this computer screen!!! What a sweet picture(s) of you guys!!! And your card is simply GORGEOUS! LOVE it! and those goodies make me mouth water and drool!!! So yummy!!! Can't wait to see your sunny cards with your new Verve stamps and huge highfives on winning all of that yumminess!!! YAY!
Big hugs and love,
Sankari :)

Kristina said...

The pictures of your hubby and you are too cute. And it looks like you brought home a little treasure trove with you. So much fun paper! The card is gorgeous, too. I love the colors on the dp!

As to my Verve purchases, I got 3 plain janes (the verse you saw, Happy Birthday, and Neh. 8:10). I also got Big Wish. I love the little suns in it. :)

Michelle Woerner said...

Yahoo! What an amazing stash you found! ANd you found the chomper? I have been thinking of getting one. You like? Great pics of you and the hubs too!

Winter said...

Great pics! Ya'll look so happy! :)
Love the card, the sentiment is great and I can't wait to see what you make with all the goodies! :)

Myzdamena said...

Ooh lovely photos! You make a beautiful couple...

LOL on the 'kiss' shot you look like you're smelling his eye :)

I love that sentiment stamp!

xxx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...