Wednesday, March 31, 2010

You are My Greatest Joy (of cooking)


Good morning!!  Today's card was a total "JOY" to create!!  It's for this week's Cinema Saturday Creative Challenge.  The movie is a favourite of mine (saw it 3 times!).  Who didn't love Julie & Julia?  And who thought Meryl Streep should have won the Oscar for that role?  (just sayin'!).  The challenge was to use something from the kitchen.  I immediately thought of these fun recipe cards I picked up last year at Chapters.  They come in a matching recipe box too.  I just love the multi-coloured band at the top.  I had to cut the index card down to fit the card.  I lightly stamped "happiness" after "A recipe for..."  Playing on the word "Joy" as in Joy of Cooking, I chose this stamp from my Technique Tuesday set.  It was a one line sentiment until my scissors  made it a two line sentiment.  I love doing that with clear stamps...it doesn't really wreck anything as they piece back together so well :)  Oh, I love this movie!!  One of my favourite parts was when Julia is cooking an omelette on her show, flips it, and it falls all over the place.  She then picks it up and says something like, "oh, just put it back together, no one will know.  Don't apologize!!"  Busts me up everytime :)  And, of course, this sentiment reminds me of my "Greatest Joy."  Have a wonderful day...wishing you smiles and sunshine and happiness and joy :)



What's in it?
Stamps: Technique Tuesday loving words, CTMH "happiness"
Ink: SU soft sky, versafine onyx
Paper: SU sahara sand, guava, mustard, choc chip; PTI polkadot basics, white; recipe index card
Accessories: stitching, labels 4, cuttlebug ef, silver pearls, PTI ribbon, SU horizontal slot punch

9 comments:

TannyP said...

Oh what a great card! The Happiness recipe card is perfect! Your bling is just right and that bow.....well I need to learn your secrets!

Marisa said...

I have to admit I have never seen this movie. The trailers looked cute but we never saw it. Should do seeing as hubby is a great cook. Fun use of the recipe card :D Never thought of cutting my acrylic stamps...hmmm...may have to give it a go :D Have a great day.

Laural-Lee said...

Love what you did with this challenge. Recipe of happiness and Joy! Wonderful. I still haven't watched the movie but then I never grew up with Julia and I detest cooking.

One more get up :)

Heidi said...

What a great card, so fitting for the challenge.

Betty J Schaub said...

cute!!!

Nancy K said...

Love the idea with a recipe for happiness. Very sweet!

Sankari W. said...

Maureen - you always take my breath away with your gorgeous creations! I absolutely adore the idea behind this card and the way that you did it with your stamps and ingredients is simply brilliant!!! Seriously, what an adorable card!!! Thank you so much for playing along dear Maureen!!! Wish I could give you a big hug IRL, but here is one: {{{HUGSS}}} !!!!
Lots of love,
Sankari :)

Carol Dunstan said...

how clever to use the recipe card like that! Well done

Anonymous said...

Maureen, what a wonderful card. Love the Happiness sentiment.:)Congrats on your Cinema Win. Great design.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...