Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Girly, You Rock {Thanks!}

girlyyourockmaureenplut

Hey everyone!  Remember this card from last year?  I made it for one of our Junior Women’s Curling team members on her way to the World’s Championship in Russia.  Fast forward to now and I had good reason to make two more of these fun Curling cards!  Because the Olympics is starting this week and our city is hosting the Canadian Men’s Curling Championship (the Brier), I arranged to have the Rocks '& Rings  Program come to our school to teach the kids about curling :) Yes, I’m mixing business with my pleasure! LOL

rocksandrings_logo2

This is the floor curling set the kids have been using…

up-OCA_RocksRings_004

I wanted to thank our local coordinator plus the sweet lady who came and showed our kids all about curling!  We are ready to rock now!  Have a great day! Thanks for stopping by :)

signature

4 comments:

Marisa said...

How totally fun to host the Brier!! Great idea to show the kids the game too :) Can't wait to watch the Olympics!!

Aimes said...

Oh I really want to try this sport Diva. Not long until it's role reversal time on the Olympic medal table... I'll be rooting for ya! ;)

Lisa Kind said...

I played curling once with our Canadian friends in St. Catharine's, Ontario. So. Much. Fun! Wish I could play again! Love your card and how you are bringing the game into your classroom!

Betty Meyskens said...

Our family are avid curlers. I have been asking companies to make a set of stamps themed around the sport of curling - but have never had any luck. I love your card and I hope that you won't mind if I case it for my family of curlers.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...