Monday, February 17, 2014

Joy (Clean & Simple)

joymaureenplut

Good morning!  Well, I feel like I have an Olympic curling hangover!  LOL  I’ve managed to watch most of the Canadian men’s and women’s games either live or a few hours later :)  Both teams have made the playoffs so it will be a super exciting week!  So while I was watching a recorded Canada vs USA game, I made this card for the Festive Friday challenge.  How’s this for CAS?  I bought this gorgeous embossing folder (see link below) back in December thinking it would be perfect to make some fast and flat Christmas cards.  However, with such a busy timetable, it never got used…till now!  This may be my card design for this December!

closeup

Here’s the inspiration photo…red on white, how yummy!  Have a fantastic week!  Thanks for stopping by!

festive

 

signature

stamps and dies: PTI

ink: SU

embossing folder: Christmas wreath by Crafts Too

11 comments:

Lynn said...

Oh this CAS loving girl adores your card...the embossing with the pop of red is stunning! So glad you are playing with us at Festive Friday Moe!

Caryn said...

Rocking the CAS style here Moe - fabulous card!

Aimes said...

"How is this for CAS?" Pretty darn amazing, Diva! I can't believe you have to even ask that question LOL!
I'm OK to reserve this one for Christmas, right? ;P

Marisa said...

Love that poinsettia image and the pop of red against the white. Lovely EF too. Watched men's Canada vs China last night - phew! Was close there for a while. So glad they won :)

Tracey McNeely said...

Love this!

Rebecca Luminarias said...

Your "simple" card is absolutely beautiful, Maureen! The embossed wreath is so pretty and I love the red die cut flowers for their color pop. Thanks so much for playing along with Festive Friday again this week!

Ardyth said...

Love the subtle texture of the embossed wreath! Thanks so much for joining us at Festive Friday!

Kay Miller said...

Wow! This is a beautiful and very striking card! I love the embossing in the background! So pretty! So happy you joined us at Festive Friday! :)

Meredith MacRitchie said...

Oh, the embossing just makes the whole card, doesn't it? I love how clean it is, and the red just jumps off there. I've been hooked on the curling too, but I'm not doing anything productive while watching!! Thanks for playing, as always :)

Geri said...

It's not like you to be so CAS, Maureen, but this is just beautiful!!! Always a treat to have you at Festive FRiday!!!

Deborah Frings said...

Beautiful! The subtle embossed wreath and those fab poinsettia - simply great!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...