Sunday, January 31, 2010

Birthday Wishes ~ Viva La Verve

Good afternoon!! Today's card is for the first Viva La Verve sketch for February...yes, it's a tad early but it's never too early to start the fun!! The inspiration photos were incredible! I couldn't help but pick this one...

I knew I wanted to use PTI's Autumn Abundance dp for the orange...I love that plaid pattern. I wasn't sure if the sentiment would show up on the plaid so I put it on a panel with some bling. This Martha Stewart punch hadn't seen paper for awhile...upstaged by Fiskars Apron Lace punch...so I brought her out and I think she did a great job!! LOL Adding ribbon at the end is always a great joy...I bring my cards over to my ribbon holder and test out different colours and textures. I originally thought I'd go with a turquoise satin ribbon, but once I put the celery grosgrain up to the card, I changed my mind :) This card is making me think of Spring!!

On another note...the Walk of Memories went really well :) Here are a couple of photos of this morning. It was held in our city's new indoor track because it's the middle of winter :) That's me on the far left, my very beautiful and tall niece, Catie, her dad, my BIL, Tom, is next who is married to my oldest sister who is next to him, and then my second oldest sister is on the far right.

I woke up at 4:30 this morning, which is unusual as I'm a very good sleeper, thinking we should wear something in honour of mom. So when I got up at 7:30 I rushed to the studio and printed out a picture of mom from my wedding. I thought the heart would be a nice touch :) Yes, mom is on a Raspberry Fizz background!! LOL So with a few tears and mom in our "hearts" we walked around the track with all the other participants. My final sponsored total after 2 weeks of fundraising was $1385.00!!! I was so excited and overwhelmed about it. Thanks to everyone who donated and who sent their thoughts and prayers my way :) And thanks as well if you donated in your own country (that was so sweet, Aimes!!)...it's all for the same cause...here or there. Big hugs and smiles to you all, thanks so much :D

Well, I'm off to make some more thank-you cards and maybe a few challenge cards...with the PTI and Verve releases coming up, no doubt there will be contests gallore. Have a wonderful Sunday :)


What's in it?
Stamps: Verve Wishful Elegance
Ink: SU choc chip
Paper: PTI kraft, vintage cream, dp; SU tempting turquoise, pumpkin pie; Chatterbox dp
Accessories: MS border punch, stitching, gemstones, SU grosgrain

6 comments:

Ann said...

Ooooh, I love that inspiration pic, and your card turned out fabulously!

Lynn said...

Maureen, Love your card! So glad that the walk went well for you and your family.

Marisa said...

Yeah, you go girl :D What a wonderful accomplishment and great fund raising for such a worthy cause! Your BIL looks like a real sweetheart and it was great seeing pictures of your sisters and niece.

Wasn't that room too fun! Love the colours together. Your celery ribbon is the perfect touch on the card.

Melisa Hunter said...

Great card! Love the DP you chose! ttys,

Melisa

TannyP said...

Awwww...I'm so glad it went well. What a fabulous job of fundraising you did, Maureen!! I forgot to check back to see if my company did their match....let me know if they didn't & I'll harass some people to be sure the $$ get to the charity.

Beautiful card for the sketch - and an awesome inspiration choice!

Aimes said...

Firstly, I'm sooooo glad your walk went OK - that pic of your mum on Raspberry Fizz was such a sweet tribute! Congrats on raising such a huge amount for such a worthy cause! It's a cause close to us too..
Secondly but by no means least, your card is gorgeous! I love the interpretation of the pic!
Thanks so much for your really sweet comments about my blog - I like the new look too ;D
x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...