Saturday, January 9, 2010

Ever Thanks ~ Raspberry Suite Colour Challenge #21

Good morning, dear friends...today's card is the perfect example of how inspiration can come from the least likely places. While in the funeral home last weekend, we had to wait a few minutes for our director. There was a binder of thank-you cards to the various directors from former families/clients on a table by my chair. I read this sentiment and fell in love with it. (I googled it and it's from Shakespeare's Twelfth Night) I wrote it down and then typed it into a word document and printed it out in a chocolate brown. I also was itching to find a project for this fiskars border punch...this was the maiden punch!!


On a bit of a tangent now, but since some of you had wondered how mom liked her Christmas card from the last Raspberry Suite Challenge last month...she did :) Especially the bling...she ran her fingers across all the gemstones. I read her the card and got a little choked up. Little did I know that she would only have it for a week. But each time I visited her that last week, I smiled when I saw the card and the "I love you so much" sentiment on it :) I hope you all have a wonderful weekend...hugs and smiles :)



What's in it?
Stamps: Verve Bountiful Backgrounds
Ink: PTI aquamist
Paper: PTI vintage cream, Polkadot basics dp; SU choc chip
Accessories: fiskars border punch, SU corner rounder; PTI ribbon and buttons, twine, stitching, computer generated sentiment

16 comments:

Lynn said...

Maureen, Your card is beautiful and I love the sentiment too...getting ready to head down to my craft room to complete Dawn's challenge!

Marisa said...

What a wonderful sentiment! Love all the polka dots and I'm glad you got a new border punch to play with:D Great job with Dawns challenge. Have a fabulous weekend.

Pam W. said...

Your card is beautiful. The sentiment says so very much. I love it all.

Michelle Woerner said...

Hey girl! This is adorable. I just love polka dots *happy sigh*

Your card reminds me to get a goin' with my Raspberry card too!

Kristina said...

The polka dots just make me feel happy. :) I love how you mirrored the dp on the bottom of the sentiment. This is such a lovely sentiment. I have to admit that before I even finished reading your post, I skipped to the bottom to read through you supply list. I was dying to know what stamp that was!

Have a wonderful weekend! I'm sure your kiddos are so excited to have you back on Monday. I expect some good hugs are headed your way. :)

Mona Pendleton said...

Maureen, this card is so sweet & simple yet beautiful! You did an awesome job with the RSCC!

Gwen said...

wow do I love this!!! It's just my style...great job on the challenge:)

Jenna Wunderlich said...

I love all of the details! It looks so gorgeous!

Sue Lelli said...

This card is lovely! LOVE the sentiment!

Winter said...

Beautiful card and sentiment! So sweet of you to share the story of your Mom with us, Thank you! :)

Lucy Abrams said...

I just love your take on Dawn's colour challenge - this is so PRETTY!!!

Maile Belles said...

Gorgeous card and a sweet sentiment! What a great memory to cherish of your mother!

Aimes said...

Delicious! I just knew that you'd rock this RSCC! What a fab quote - think I may steal this one from yourself and Shakespeare for myself LOL!!
Here's hoping we make Monday morning the least painful as possible!
Hugs,
Aimes
x

Daniela F. said...

Gorgeous card and a wonderful quote! Love how the chocolate panel peaks through on both sides.

Terri Trotter Earley said...

So many beautiful elements to this great card. Way to rock the color combo from Dawn.

It's a good life!
Terri E.

Kimberly's Krafts said...

This card is so beautiful Maureen! I love all of the layers and it's just perfect! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...