Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Hugs & Kisses ~ Mercy's Tuesday Sketch


Good evening, sweet friends :) Today's card is a double duty card :) It's for Mercy's Tuesday sketch this week as well as for the Valentine card drive for St. Jude's hospital...more on that below. I dug through my scrap bag (a large Ziploc freezer bag) and pulled out several pink and red papers. I knew I wanted to use my Martha Stewart border punch...I had to exchange my old one last year that didn't work at all. The new one seem more sturdier and can cut through cardstock. I embossed the panel underneath the hearts and added red stitching for some extra textured interest. Wow!! It's really pink and red, isn't it? I hope it's not too sweet!! LOL The white polka dots have glitter on them (that's the way the paper came) and the large white heart is cut from glitter paper...my snowflakes from last month were cut from the same paper :)

Ok, now the second part...my good blog friend, Winter, is having a card drive for the children at St. Jude's hospital. She's asking for Valentine cards for the children and is offering up some lovely blog candy for a random participant. Please check out her blog for more details. So these cards along with the ones in the weeks to come will go to these sweet children. Have a lovely evening :)
What's in it?
Stamps: PTI Heart Prints
Ink: SU real red, PTI raspberry fizz
Paper: PTI white, hibiscus burst, raspberry fizz, linen vellum, polka dot basics dp, pure poppy, shimmer white, MM polkadot dp; doodlebug glitter cardstock
Accessories: MS heart border punch, heart nestabilities,
gemstones, stitching, cuttlebug ef, satin ribbon

16 comments:

Laural-Lee said...

This card is lovely. I love the heart dies!!! I think I may just have to get my hands on those....I'm having such a hard time deciding the valentine essentials that I need vs want.

Love the stitching!!

Ann said...

Just beautiful! I love the dots, ribbon, and bling!

Vicki Burdick said...

Love this!!! Fabulous job with the sketch!

Melisa Hunter said...

Very sweet card! Love all the texture!

ttys!

Winter said...

So cute, I LOVE it! Thank you so much for your support in this drive! :)

Marisa said...

This is darling, Maureen! Love the nested hearts and of course the MS heart border punch :D Great mix of DPs - always love polka dots :D You rocked this sketch! Nice plug for the card drive too. I need to make some myself. May this week off provide some healing for your heart - my prayers are with you (((hugs))). Almost forgot, yes, you guessed the Rosemary Reflections connection :D

Aimes said...

Oh you're definitely in Valentine mode when it comes to crafting! This is so sweet (but not too sweet it hurts!)
You're so right, it's such a shame there's an ocean and a pretty big country between us 'cos we had another snow day today and I'd love a stamping buddy!
Hugs,
Aimes
x

Lynnette said...

this card is amazing. Your cards are just so lovely!

Monika/Buzsy said...

What a great card! Love the hearts and the stitching is awesome! Love the red thread. TFS!

TannyP said...

I thought I could live without the heart dies, but apparently I was wrong....thanks a lot =)

Awesome card - those are some lucky kids to get your beautiful creations! Awesome stamps, too!

Maile Belles said...

Gorgeous! Loving that heart border punch.

Kristina said...

Gorgeous pink-ness! What a fun MS punch! I just saw a bunch of those in Michael's the other day but was completely uninspired when I saw them. I figured I would just give them a little time, and some blog-viewing for ideas, before purchasing. I love how you used this one! And those white polka dots hiding in the background?! LOVE!

Tammy said...

Great card!! Your bow is just perfection!!!!

Unknown said...

maureen...this is perfect! love the papers, the stitching, the border punch, ribbon, and gorgeous heart focal panel!

thanks for playing along with my sketch for this week...you've done an awesome job! :)

{{{hugs}}}
mercy

Mona Pendleton said...

Just simply gorgeous!

Helen F. said...

Oh My Gosh, Maureen! Your card is stunning! All the layers and embellishments are wonderful.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...