Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Happy, Happy, Joy, Joy ~ Karen's Sweet Sketch

Good morning, dear friends. How do you like that for a title? I thought it would be more fun to start with that than "Birthdays are the Best." (see card below). Although, I love birthdays...and according to my blog countdown...mine is in 56 days!! But I digress...Today's card is for Karen's Sweet Sunday Sketch. I tried out my new Blooming Button Bits. I discovered that it was best to cut out the flowers and pop them up for more dimension and to give the leaves a place to rest under. I'm trying to use up some dp that's been around for awhile. And that blue ribbon...m-m-mm!! It's from Michaels and is so soft and wonderful to tie :) Here's the second version of the card...

I hope to play some more with this set soon...it's a great way to use up the million buttons I have AND there are so many great sentiments included with the images. Have a wonderful day!!




What's in it?
Stamps: PTI blooming button bits
Ink: SU choc chip; SU kiwi kiss
Paper: SU choc chip, old olive, razzleberry; PTI vintage cream, lavender moon, plum pudding, springmoss; Michaels dp
Accessories: stitching, satin ribbon, buttons, fiskars apron lace punch

10 comments:

Marisa said...

You have inspired me to get that DP out of my stash as I own it too :D Love the light blue satin ribbon with it - I've got that too :D May have to case you sans the flowers as I don't have that set. Two for three isn't bad :D Hope to have time to get to this sketch this week.

Thanks for the info re: the light box. I'm on a mission to see if I can find 100 Watt daylight bulbs today. Thanks for the heads up on the muslim too. You are a wonderful wealth of information :D Have a great day :D

Lindsay said...

I love the colors, your card is fabulous! Thanks for the inspiration!

Laural-Lee said...

Ooh I love it love it love it!!! Wonderful colours!!! and you did get that stamp set! I may just have to come to your place again and stamp a few :P I promised not to buy another flower set because I have too many as it is. I'll buy some buttons off of you if you like :) LOL

Beautiful ribbon!

LeAnne said...

Gorgeous, I love the colors in this!

Sarah-Jane Kalé said...

Absolutely Fabulously GORGEOUS!!!!
And your bow... PERFECTION.

xx Sarah

Caryl P said...

Beautiful! I love the colors, that purple is so rich and the blue ribbon is fabulous. But I must say that I will now be singing a Ren and Stimpy song for the rest of the day....

Kristina said...

I love the purples and blue together! And that blue ribbon is so yummy! The bow just looks absolutely perfect!

I am headed to CHA on Friday! I am so excited!!! Anaheim is only about 30 minutes from my house, so I got a sub for my class and one of my stamping friends and I are heading down on Friday in hopes that the crowds will be a little bit better than if we went on Saturday. I don't think PTI is going to be there. I remember seeing something a month back or so on Nichole's blog about not going to this one... It was just too far away for them and too soon they're yearly company anniversary. So sad!

I'm definitely taking my camera with me!

Nancy L. said...

so pretty!

Winter said...

So pretty! I love the color combo! :)

Ann said...

Gorgeous! Love these colors!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...