Monday, January 4, 2010

Love (you Mom) ~ Embellish Colour Challenge

Good evening, dear friends :) We had mom's funeral mass and burial today...though it was a sad time, she would've loved it, a full church and all :) It was so nice to see so many old friends and family. I am the youngest of 6 children so we were her pallbearers...it was very sweet :) So it seems only fitting my card is all about "Love" tonight. My mom was a very selfless, faithful woman so in the days and years to come I will strive to be more like her and hopefully carry on her legacy :) This card is for the new Embellish challenge. I wanted to use an old book for the text panel and couldn't bear to use one of my Grandmother's French poetry books, so I used some pages from my old college poetry book!! LOL (Norton's Anthology of Modern Poetry). It's almost an antique seeing that I took the English course over 20 years ago!! I got to use my Slice again...cutting out the love word in Raspberry Fizz, and I got to use the line of hearts from Verve's Thankful Hearts.

I didn't know which way the card should go, so I made a second card with very similar elements, just switched up the colours a bit :) I hope you all have a relaxing evening...we are taking my son back to the airport tonight and then having dinner with the rest of the family before they leave in the days to come. I wish you all "LOVE" and hugs...



What's in it?
Stamps: Verve Thankful Hearts
Ink: PTI raspberry fizz
Paper: PTI sweet blush, pure poppy, raspberry fizz, SU black, Norton poetry book!!
Accessories: satin ribbon, buttons, dritz pins, floss, Slice machine

21 comments:

Kristina said...

I really liked the first one, and then I saw the second, and now I'm totally confused as to which I like more. lol They're both great!

I love the use of "vintage" book print. That just might be another thing I need to hit up the thrift store for one of these days. So "Dawn" inspired of you. :)

Did you start back up at work today? It was back to the work grind for me... Though it was nice to have a schedule again today. But I so missed sleeping in! hehe

Lynn said...

Maureen,
Your card is beautiful. I love the text background.

I'm glad everything went well for your mom's funeral today. My thoughts have been with you and your family.

Lynn

Winter said...

Beautiful card! So sweet to want to be like your Mom, that brings tears to my eyes! I think your Mom has a great daughter too! ;)

Marisa said...

Love the card - no pun intended LOL! The script is wonderful and the slice did a bang up job on the word. Looks like you are having a lot of fun with it :D Had to laugh at the "age" of your poetry book from university....oh my...I'm pushing 25 years on mine!! The pins are a great touch.

Glad your mom's service was lovely. I actually spoke at my dad's three years ago and I know he would have enjoyed his service too. Biiiig cyber hug for you :D

Ann said...

Good to hear your mom's service was a nice one. Your card is so lovely...the text bg and the stick pins really caught my eye!

Tenia Nelson said...

These cards are soooooo awesome!!!

Aimes said...

Such a sweet card - I love the pins! Seems like you're getting some good use outta that Slice ;D
Glad to hear the service went well, sending lots of hugs!
Aimes
x

Ashley Cannon Newell said...

These cards are so much fun! I love how you changed the orientation on them. Thanks for taking on an Embellish challenge!

TannyP said...

As usual, you're a challenge goddess! Amazing job of both cards, Maureen.

Tiffany Heilman said...

What a super cute card. i love it! The bow and the love are fabby.

Anonymous said...

My goodness Maureen! These are so pretty! I love how clean and bold they are! Thanks for playing along with the Embellish challenge!

Laural-Lee said...

They are both fantastic!!! Love your layout and use of your book of poetry. Better than sitting in the closet. The slice looks nice and the background hearts are adorable.

Can't wait to get my hands on that PTI

Kathy said...

Love both cards ...so elegant!

Maile Belles said...

So glad the service went well. Love these, great layouts! So glad you could play along with the Embellish challenge!

Unknown said...

Wow! these cards are beautiful!

Laura Davis said...

Simply adorable!
Laura

Lynnette said...

These cards are both amazing. Please accept my condolences with the loss of your mother. Great job on the challenges!

Scrapping Julie said...

awesome job. i like the vertical one best.

Charlene Austin said...

Wow--cuteness! Love it lots!

Anonymous said...

I love this card!!!!! Thanks for participating in the Embellish Color Challenge with Hearts!

Mona Pendleton said...

OOO YUMMY! Very pretty!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...