Thursday, January 7, 2010

No Winter Lasts Forever ~ Cinema Saturday

Good afternoon!! I so wanted to join in the fun of the first Cinema Saturday Challenge of 2010 :) I am leaving it to the 9th hour...but here it is!! The movie is The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe...a book I sort of remember reading in elementary school, but at home. I still may have that old, old copy of it in my classroom somewhere :) I love how Brooke and Sankari have outlined the themes for us...it really helps think of an idea for a card. I chose the themes of faith and seasons along with the colours of teal and white. The sentiment is from Verve (got it with my gc win last month!) and reminds me, even in the past two weeks of my sorrow, that life goes on and there will be happier days and happy memories of my mom :) "No winter lasts forever. No Spring skips its turn." The requirement this week is to add irridescent sparkle...right up my alley!! I used this $ store butterfly, some glitter paper underneath the sentiment panel, and then into my bling drawer I went!! I've been inspired by the creative ways of layering nesties lately, and like what I came up with today :) Oh, and yes, that is a watermark you see in the bottom left hand corner!! I thought I would try and spruce things up a bit and try one of Karen Giron's watermarks. I got this Valentine one and another regular one. I use Paint.net as my simple photo editing program and after an hour of trying to figure out how to add the watermark, I called my 17 year old nephew to help!! Thanks, Luke!! Hugs and well wishes to you all :)




What's in it?
Stamps: Verve Beautiful You, PTI fancy flourishes
Ink: SU craft teal, basic grey
Paper: SU bermuda bay, white; PTI linen vellum; Papercraft silver, $ store glitter paper
Accessories: butterfly, gemstones, embossing powder, oval and label 9 nestabilities

14 comments:

Laural-Lee said...

Wow Maureen...I think you've outdone us all!!! That sentiment fits perfectly. It reminds me of the Mrs. Beaver says about Winter stays but Christmas never comes. Off course spring came with the return of Aslan

Beautiful bling. Great touch with the butterfly. Wish I could be inspired the way you are.

Having fun with my PTI. Love the white cardstock.

Ann said...

*gasp!* Maureen, this is stunning! Wow oh wow!!!

Marisa said...

I loved the book and the kids and I watched the movie together. I cry every time when Aslan gets killed by the witch but then smile with joy when he comes back to life and Narnia is no longer engulfed in winter.

Your flourishes with the bling are fabulous :D Your Dollar Store butterfly is gorgeous and a perfect fit for this card, balanced off wonderfully by the bling in the opposite corner. Great card :D

Tenia Nelson said...

Gor to the geous!!!

Nancy K said...

Beautiful Maureen, I love the colors (I'm so into teals right now!) and the butterfly. Makes me think of those random warm late winter days we sometimes get in the NW where the butterflies and bumblebees pop in for a day or two to give a peek of days ahead.

Kristina said...

Oh my goodness, that glitter paper is absolutely stunning. Your camera really caught it's shimmer, too. Such an elegant card, you truly captured the inspirational quality of this movie (which is a great one!).

You are constantly in my prayers this week. I hope some quiet and stamping has brought some comfort. Meanwhile, my kids are DONE. My poor little ones are feeling the effects of the end of the week after having so much time off. Today was rough. Oi vay. Hopefully tomorrow will be a bit smoother. And if not, at least it is early out day (we end at 1:00 instead of 2:25). Happy Friday to you, Maureen!

Radha said...

love it so much so elegant:))

Sankari W. said...

Oh dearest Maureen - I am so sorry to hear about your dear Mother - you are so lucky that you were able to be there when she passed and what an honor to be a pallbearer.... I can't even imagine what you are going through - sending you big hugs!!!
And thank you for playing along with us Maureen!!! I am just in love with your card (as with all of your creations!!!) Simply stunning!!! I love every single detail and love the sentiment! So pretty and lovely!!!

I am so glad that you liked the theme section - I wasn't sure about it - but I hope that it is helpful :)
Thank you so much dear Maureen for playing along with us - you are simply amazing and I know that your mother must have been amazing to have someone like you as her daughter. Sending you big hugs dearest Maureen. Hope you are doing well!
Love, light and prayers and hugs!
Sankari :)

Carol Dunstan said...

this is wonderful, love the colours and a perfect sentiment

KarensKreativeTreasures said...

I love this card. It's so crisp and elegant.

Mona Pendleton said...

Beautiful card! Great take on the Cinema challenge! I love the rhinestones & pretty fabric butterfly! :) TFS

Devlin said...

Fantastic card! Love the beautiful bright colours and the bling.

Aimes said...

So pretty! The icy colours are definitely fitting for this time of year! I so hope that sentiment is true - I'm getting a little bored of winter now LOL!
Hugs,
Aimes
x

TannyP said...

Oh my goodness, Maureen! I really need to stop checking out your blog on a Monday morning because it makes me want to go home & craft! Your take on this challenge is phenomenal =) The colors are so wonderfully frosty and the bling really adds so much. (Oh - and what a sweet watermark!)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...