Saturday, January 23, 2010

Grateful Heart ~ Embellish Take 2


Hi everyone!! A quick morning post to share my second take on the Embellish Colour Challenge. Earlier this week I posted this card, and although I liked it...I wanted to do something a little more "edgier." I used the same Guidelines paper, attached a large scalloped border using my SU slit punch, wrapped some twine around it and added the sentiment. This is one of my favourite sentiments from Papertrey Ink. It is all brown and worn, because I love it so much and have used it soooo many times. And how cute is that little purple heart? The stamped chocolate stripes were added to ground the purple panel. It was fun to play around with the panel and orientation of the card until deciding on this layout. Rounded corners give it a little added visual texture...all that white (cream!!LOL) space needed something!! Are you making a card for this challenge? It's fun, you should try :) Have a lovely Saturday...hugs to you :)








What's in it?
Stamps: PTI background basics retro, heart prints sentiments
Ink: SU choc chip
Paper: PTI vintage cream, kraft, plum pudding, guidelines dp
Accessories: SU corner rounder and slit punch, twine, dimensional heart sticker;

8 comments:

Marisa said...

What a fun, "funky" card, Maureen. Loving all the white/cream space and your dotted lines (as I looked at them they remind me of the hanging bead door covers from the 60s - think I need some coffee LOL!)

Think I need to make a note on my blog re: my birthday roses. The forty was because they come in packs of ten nothing more. I am actually 48 this year so 50 is a looming LOL! Have a fabulous day in Kelowna and hope you find some goodies to come home with and little something for Tony for patiently going to all the stores with you LOL!

Aimes said...

I likey! Maureen does edgier and totally rocks it!
Love that rounded corner and that purple heart is so sweet!
I confess I'm scared of purple but I may have a dabble and see what I come up with!
Hope you're having fab weekend!
x

TannyP said...

Lovely work on an edgier card. You mastered this =) Now if only I could find some time to stamp, I'd be CASEing this one!

Vickie Z said...

Like the card. Love that sentiment...are you enabling me??

Vickie

Jessica said...

Very elegant card, Maureen!!! Love the sentiment :)

Charlene Austin said...

GREAT card!!

Ashley Cannon Newell said...

Very nice, Maureen! Love this layout!

Mariana Grigsby said...

Love this card! Thanks for playing along with us!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...