Friday, January 22, 2010

Wings to the Heart ~ EBTKS Sketch

Yay!! It's Friday! My favourite day of the week!! Today's card is for the sweet ladies over at Everything But the Kitchen Sink blog :) Their sketches are based on items around their houses!! How fun is that? Makes you look at everything around you for inspiration. I made this card on Sunday when I got to work in the studio all day :) I had dug out my PTI Turning a New Leaf dp that I hadn't used at all and made a Mojo Monday card and this card. Paper collections make it so easy to work with 2 or more patterns on a single card. I felt there was so much brown and green that I needed some POP...enter Raspberry Fizz!! Three pops of pink and let's call it a day :) The butterfly was punched out of a punched flower I had in my scrap/stash bowl. It had been stamped and embossed with a damask image. Have a lovely day!! I've got a busy and fun weekend planned...drinks after work with a dear friend, then off to The Lovely Bones movie with some other friends (we have all read the book!), lunch tomorrow with the family for January birthdays, and then day road trip with my dh :) I laugh because he always knows what stores we will hit!! Scrapbooking, Lululemon, Gap, shoes...etc. :) Can't wait!!


What's in it?
Stamps: PTI heartprints sentiments
Ink: SU choc chip
Paper: PTI springmoss, vintage cream, turning a new leaf dp
Accessories: nestabilities labels 9, stitching, PTI ribbon, MS butterfly punch, gemstones, distressor

13 comments:

w.joakima said...

VERY pretty card!

Marisa said...

Loving that splash of raspberry fizz. It's the perfect accent for this delightful card. Great use of the nestie to frame the sentiment and the DP is beyond yummy. :D Have a fabulous weekend - looks like you're going to have a great one.

Thanks for the tips on the light box. Cut my down a bit, played with the settings and the white balance works the best. Will give it another go...wish me luck LOL!

Ann said...

Oooh, love those pops of color!

Happy weekend! :D

Kristina said...

I'm lovin' that pop of Raspeberry Fizz on your card! What a great idea to break up the brown and green! And the little embossed butterfly is so pretty.

Happy Friday to you! One more week done! It's been raining down here alllllll week. The poor kids have been trapped inside. I kind of feel bad for my sub today. I'm off to CHA to play in about five minutes and he's stuck with them, inside, for the fourth day in a row. hehe. Well, I guess I don't feel too bad. That could have been me! ;)

I"m taking my camera with me to CHA today, and hoping to run in to some familiar faces from the blogging/stamping world. Should be a ridiculously fun way to spend another rainy day!

Laural-Lee said...

Wonderful snippets of fizz! The stitching was a great idea too. Beautiful Maureen.

Tammy said...

LOVE your colour combo and stitching on this card Maureen!!

Aimes said...

Woah! Pop-a-licous card with that striking flash of the fizz!
I've got this DP wingin' it's way to me and I'm starting to get very impatient now I've seen this!
x

Deanna said...

Love it, stunning!

Karla said...

Maureen!!!! great card! Loving that splash of color! lovely! TFSA

TannyP said...

Oooohhhhlala! I just love your pops of raspberry and the wonderful nestabilities use! Fabulous stitching =)

Winter said...

So pretty Maureen! I love the sentiment! Thank you for playing with us in the challenge! :)

Kelley Eubanks said...

Your card is gorgeous Maureen! Thanks so much for playing along with our challenge! :)

Courtney Baker said...

Girl you are gooood! Thanks for playing along!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...