Monday, January 18, 2010

Give Thanks ~ Embellish Colour Challenge

Good morning!! Today's card is for the new Embellish Challenge...kraft, chocolate brown and purple with stripes. I have been dying to use this Verve plain jane stamp and this card seemed like the perfect place. I cut the large scalloped heart with PTI 's guideline dp with my Slice machine and then made the smaller heart with my nestabilities. The kraft panel has a dotted diamond/striped treatment made with my ScorePal scorebug...you have to look closely, but it's there. It gives the card a subtle texture. Have a wonderful day...it's actually staff meeting today. I thought it was last Monday :( Oh well, if it's too bad I'll start sketching cards in my head!! LOL Hugs and smiles,






What's in it?
Stamps: Verve plain jane
Ink: SU choc chip
Paper: PTI vintage cream, kraft, plum pudding, guidelines and polka dots dps
Accessories: Slice (basic 1 card); heart nestabilities, button, floss, SU scallop border punch, satin ribbon, scorepal and scorebug, stitching

14 comments:

Ann said...

Lovely card, Maureen! I love the striped hearts and the polka dotted panel!

Marisa said...

Fun colour combo :D Love the "open" heart you used and the scorbug lines are a nice touch. Have a great day :D

Aimes said...

Well way to rock the Embellish Challenge! At first I was wondering where the stripes were - Duh! I'm pretty scared of purple but you make it look fun to play with!
x
P.S Did you see Avatar?

Laural-Lee said...

Love what you did with the challenge. I like the minimal stripes. Stripes scare me to work with. Great texture on the kraft paper.

Lea L. said...

This is very pretty!! I love the scalloped hearts and the sentiment! The font of that stamp is awesome! Great job with the Embellish Magazine color challenge!

♥Lea

Tammy said...

Beautiful as always Maureen! I used tiny polka dots on mine too--I think it helps to soften stripes!

Kristina said...

Ooooh, what a pretty color combination! I love your hollow heart next to the solid heart. Such a neat effect. Isn't that sentiment beautiful? I love the font and the words themselves. I dug mine out a few days ago and made a vow to myself to use it more often.

Have fun at your staff meeting! Sketching cards... I'd never thought of that! I'm so trying that next meeting. :)

Anonymous said...

Love the colors. And your hearts are so cute.

Ashley Cannon Newell said...

This is so cute, Maureen! Thanks so much for taking on an Embellish challenge!

Maria Eufemia said...

Great card, Maureen. Love how you combined the stripes with polka dots!

Charlene Austin said...

Fantastic---as always!

Winter said...

So pretty! :)

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card and great design, Maureen! Thanks for playing along with us!

Kimberly's Krafts said...

This is just gorgeous! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...